By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict PS4's Black Friday Week Sales!

Ps4 slim spiderman bundle already sold out at Amazon (Only lasted a couple of hours, last year lasted more than a day), Walmart, Dell and Best Buy.

Target and Game Stop still have stock for this item.

Could outsell last year BF week.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
Ps4 slim spiderman bundle already sold out at Amazon (Only lasted a couple of hours, last year lasted more than a day), Walmart, Dell and Best Buy.

Target and Game Stop still have stock for this item.

Could outsell last year BF week.

That's great. I expect a better Black Friday than last year.

edit : https://gearnuke.com/spider-man-ps4-199-black-friday-bundle-selling-out/

Spider-Man PS4 $199 Black Friday Bundle Is So Popular It Is Already Selling Out Everywhere

Last edited by Keiji - on 19 November 2018

MasonADC said:

I'm not sure there is that much demand for ps4s 

So you really believe there aren't 2.5 people willing to buy the PS4 at $199 plus a free game? More power to you I guess.

all in one week? I don't see it. 

IIRC PS4 sales are slowing down from last year, but Black Friday has a lot more international presence this year.
Expecting it to balance out, so 1.65m this year too.

MasonADC said:

So you really believe there aren't 2.5 people willing to buy the PS4 at $199 plus a free game? More power to you I guess.

Actually having thought about it properly I think you are right. But this is because its NPD we are talking about here and I don't think that bundle is available globally. If it were then it shouldn't have a problem selling that much in a week. 

RenCutypoison said:
IIRC PS4 sales are slowing down from last year, but Black Friday has a lot more international presence this year.

Yes it is.... but I keep saying thats because of its price. To me its even a small miracle its managed to keep selling as well as it has been for $299 all year so far. Being at $199 and with a game is kinda a big deal though.

Its a little of a mixed bag that its selling out everywhere in less than 3 days. That could either mean stock wasn't that great or that demand was through the roof.

Around the Network

I’ll play it safe and say 1.85 mil

Intrinsic said:
MasonADC said:

Actually having thought about it properly I think you are right. But this is because its NPD we are talking about here and I don't think that bundle is available globally. If it were then it shouldn't have a problem selling that much in a week. 

RenCutypoison said:

Yes it is.... but I keep saying thats because of its price. To me its even a small miracle its managed to keep selling as well as it has been for $299 all year so far. Being at $199 and with a game is kinda a big deal though.

Its a little of a mixed bag that its selling out everywhere in less than 3 days. That could either mean stock wasn't that great or that demand was through the roof.

While buying a 299$ 5 years old console made no sense a decade ago, the rise of smartphones, tablets, and overall democratization of laptops made it so people are less affraid to invest large sums of money in high tech products. That's less incetive for manuifacturers to sell at a loss.

1.8m

https://twitter.com/benjisales/status/1064558725942386690?s=21

The Playstation 4 sold more units yesterday alone than it's been putting up most months recently.

And we havent even hit Thanksgiving / Black Friday yet. A lot of more casual consumers arent even aware the $199 PS4 deal is live yet.

Craziness

Somewhere between 2-4 million in America, and 1.2-1.9 million in Europe. I don't know if Black Friday exists in Japan (it probably does), but it could sell 800-900 thousand units in that region on Friday.

I own a PS4 Pro (1TB - glacier white), and a Wii.