By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict PS4's Black Friday Week Sales!

raulbalarezo said:

https://twitter.com/benjisales/status/1064558725942386690?s=21

The Playstation 4 sold more units yesterday alone than it's been putting up most months recently.

And we havent even hit Thanksgiving / Black Friday yet. A lot of more casual consumers arent even aware the $199 PS4 deal is live yet.

Craziness

???

So it sold more than a million in a day?

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:

While buying a 299$ 5 years old console made no sense a decade ago, the rise of smartphones, tablets, and overall democratization of laptops made it so people are less affraid to invest large sums of money in high tech products. That's less incetive for manuifacturers to sell at a loss.

Not true. Especially if using smartphones as your reference.

Firstly, very few people spend large sums of money on phones. They get a payment plan and spend small sums of money over a two year period which goes a long wa to easing the burden.

Secondly, and more importantly.... the PS4 isn't selling more than how consoles typically would sell. Its pretty much keeping the pace with the PS2. 

As for incentive to sell at a loss..... that I agree with. If consumers bought the PS4 less then sony would have dropped the price sooner. As is the darn thing was still pushing around 1M+ every month.  

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
raulbalarezo said:

https://twitter.com/benjisales/status/1064558725942386690?s=21

The Playstation 4 sold more units yesterday alone than it's been putting up most months recently.

And we havent even hit Thanksgiving / Black Friday yet. A lot of more casual consumers arent even aware the $199 PS4 deal is live yet.

Craziness

???

More like 250k-300k

sh3ck_wes said:

Somewhere between 2-4 million in America, and 1.2-1.9 million in Europe. I don't know if Black Friday exists in Japan (it probably does), but it could sell 800-900 thousand units in that region on Friday.

What are you predicting? 

Intrinsic said:

???

More like 250k-300k

That's why it doesn't make sense to me. He said "than it's been putting up most months". So does he mean putting up most weeks in the last few months?

Around the Network

The  PS4's Black Friday week sales.

I own a PS4 Pro (1TB - glacier white), and a Wii.

Intrinsic said:

More like 250k-300k

That's why it doesn't make sense to me. He said "than it's been putting up most months". So does he mean putting up most weeks in the last few months?

“Recently”

raulbalarezo said:

“Recently”

That doesn't answer my question, at all  

How does adding recently distinguish between months and weeks?

"The Playstation 4 sold more units yesterday alone than it's been putting up most months recently." 

that sounds more confusing than 

"The Playstation 4 sold more units yesterday than it has most weeks recently"

for example

Although I already figured he meant weeks since there's no way it could sell that much in a day.

raulbalarezo said:

“Recently”

"The Playstation 4 sold more units yesterday alone than it's been putting up most months recently." 

for example

Although I already figured he meant weeks since there's no way it could sell that much in a day.

Reading through resetera everybody seems agreeing that it is in fact months, so It sold between 300k and 400k yesterday

Last edited by raulbalarezo - on 19 November 2018

raulbalarezo said:

for example

Reading through resetera everybody seems agreeing that it is in fact months, so It sold somewhere between 300k and 400k yesterday

Hasn't PS4 been selling in the 750k-800k range for the past few months though? Even like 3-4 months ago I thought it was at 600k per month?