By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Florida's Election Officials Questionable Behavior During the Recount is Harming Rick Scott

cycycychris said:
thismeintiel said:

Lol, you call that a concession?  Sure, she admitted she can't win, but not because she simply lost the election.  Nope, it was all about voter fraud and suppression.  Sorry, but no, that is not an actual concession.  She even said, and I quote, "this is not a speech of concession." And she intends to file another lawsuit. So, how about you stop with the fake news?

She ended her bid for governor, thats conceding. She might frame it as another way, but ending your bid is conceding the race. The lawsuit she said she said she is filing is challenging the states voter suppression laws so they don't affect future election (has no affect on this one). Again, stop spreading a false narrative.

Direct words from Kemp  "Moments ago, Stacey Abrams conceded the race and officially ended her campaign for governor. I appreciate her passion, hard work, and commitment to public service."

Uh no, her words and actions trump Kemp's on this matter.  She did not gracefully bow out, which is what a concession speech is for.  Instead, because she couldn't handle losing, she left a stink in the air and will be pursuing legal action.  You are the one pushing the false narrative and that is where this convo on the matter will end.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Uh no, her words and actions trump Kemp's on this matter.  She did not gracefully bow out, which is what a concession speech is for.  Instead, because she couldn't handle losing, she left a stink in the air and will be pursuing legal action.  You are the one pushing the false narrative and that is where this convo on the matter will end.

I don't know anything about this so I decided to look it up and see for myself.

“I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election,” she said

That's a concession.  Doesn't matter how she's spinning it. Everyone is taking it as a concession and everyone is reporting it as a concession.  

If anybody is a has become a bunch of sore looser its the source listed Fox News they are a bunch of assholes fair and balanced my ass they need to fuck off.

pokoko said:
And rational people see both parties do the same things when they lose and chuckle at the "but the other side is WAY WORSE" bullshit.

Agree to the fullest with this and it can be applied to most Political threads.

Everything is mostly about belonging to the "good" side and overamplifying the negatives of the "bad" side instead of finding common ground and this behaviour does not get us where we need to go as humanity to progress, or slows us down when we look at it with a more positive view.

The margin for of error in the governors and Senate races were do small that a recount should be made. Why is that troublesome? If there is proof that some democrats tried to manipulate the results, show them? Are there corrupt democrats? Ofcourse just as there are huge numbers of corrupt republicans. But the source to are the referring to shows nothing.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
And rational people see both parties do the same things when they lose and chuckle at the "but the other side is WAY WORSE" bullshit.

This is the perfect retort. On every single article on every single website you’ll find people from opposite sides of the political spectrum being hypocrites. They’ll both give examples of the other side doing some bullish!t wit will never agree that both sides have sh!t and hypocrisy in their ranks.

I just read this in an article on a liberal website: “Of course the threads of a fascist politics weave through both political parties, which have sold their souls to the financial elite, though the Democrats do their work under the cover of self-righteousness and constitutional liberties while the Republicans bask in their embrace of corruption and a craven silence in the face of Trumpism.”

That’s a great summation of the way to hunts are. But you should read the comments there. It’s either they’re mad at the author or they point out how much worse the other side is. I lean left but I’ve been kicked off many websites for calling out liberal hypocrisy. And I’ve been kicked off right-wing sites for calling out conservative hypocrisy. See, neither side likes to lookin the mirror. 

Last edited by FentonCrackshell - on 18 November 2018

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Immersiveunreality said:
pokoko said:

Agree to the fullest with this and it can be applied to most Political threads.

Everything is mostly about belonging to the "good" side and overamplifying the negatives of the "bad" side instead of finding common ground and this behaviour does not get us where we need to go as humanity to progress, or slows us down when we look at it with a more positive view.

People don’t care about finding common ground anymore. The right just wants to “stick it to the libtards” and the left just thinks the entire middle of the country is too dumb to have a say. I blame Facebook. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Do we really need low quality shit posts like this on here?

Democrats haven't become sore losers, they've already been them for a while now. Every time there is a request for a recount, it's when democrats lose. This midterm election only shows how much more whiny they've become. The amount of crying and whining and accusations of fraud or voter suppression has just gone through the roof. Really shows that the party that accused Trump of not being able to accept the results of an election (when it was predicted he would lose) is the party that in fact, can't handle results themselves.

But it's not surprising. The left teaches people that you are always the victim of something when things don't go your way. These losers were simply behaving the way they had been brought up.

collint0101 said:

Source is a Fox news link, yeah has all the credibility of a republican uncle rambling at Thanksgiving dinner. Either way recounts never hurt anybody.

Wow what an incredible way to describe the shit show that is Fox News. Fucking perfect. I’m stealing this with zero shame, thanks.

Also, wow, what a shock. American political party mucks stuff up to try and get their way. I’d be more surprised if this wasn’t literally what both sides do every election.