By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 attach ratio already 9.9!

think-man said:
I think i own around 300 PS4 games, so I'm eating up someone's ratio.

It's alright, you got Brashnir covered! 

Around the Network

Considering the rise of Indy games, and the shift to digital, I'd be surprised if the attach rate doesn't crush every previous generation. There are a whole lot of cheaper games availavle, and there is less chance that a used copy cancels out a new sale.

think-man said:

Mine then I only have like 7.

ps4 still doing great, wonder how it will do next year with still big games coming

S.Peelman said:
think-man said:

Mine then I only have like 7.

Nom nom nom! 

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Barkley said:
So with digital included PS4 can be the best selling console for software of all time. It may pass the PS2's 1.6 Billion.

I think so. But with a lot of additional factors that didn't exist back then, such as cheaper indie games being common. 
And I'm pretty sure the games free with PS+ count as a sale as well. You even get a "Thank you for your purchase" email when you get them.

PS+ games dont count, there are over 30m ps+ subscribers, with 2 ps4 games per month that would be 720m games per year xD.

Barkley said:
Hiku said:

I think so. But with a lot of additional factors that didn't exist back then, such as cheaper indie games being common. 
And I'm pretty sure the games free with PS+ count as a sale as well. You even get a "Thank you for your purchase" email when you get them.

PS+ games dont count, there are over 30m ps+ subscribers, with 2 ps4 games per month that would be 720m games per year xD.

Yeah ps plus games 100% don't count. Just for the laugh Sony should give the figure when it includes ps plus downloads and f2p games. That figure would be insane. 

Barkley said:
Hiku said:

They may count, as you still have to go through the store and redeem/"purchase" the games.  Not outside the realm of possibility that more people than not only download the 1 or 2 a year they might be interested and not the full suite of games each month.

That's Top 5 territory going by VGC numbers.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Tie-Ratio/Global/

It's a long shot, but it's hard to imagine it not catching up to the PS3 and 360.

Today sony announced it has sold 86.1m consoles by the end of September, and did not ship that number. It is insane that this year ps4 is selling Switch and xone combined.
Time the vgchartz to update the numbers on the main page.