By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Ok, here are my first few clues:

50. This GBA beatem up is based on a classic Japanese cartoon.
49.  When this Genesis game was released the franchise was associated with Nintendo consoles.
48.  This trackball arcade game was the first successful arcade game to have a female developer (or co-developer in this case).
47.  This Wii U game was not developed by Nintendo, but it uses Nintendo IP and makes good use of the Wii U gamepad.
46.  This GBA tactical game has a plot similar to the Neverending Story, which is ironic, since the franchise name that this game comes from means the exact opposite.

Around the Network
Marth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

49.  When this Genesis game was released the franchise was associated with Nintendo consoles.
48.  This trackball arcade game was the first successful arcade game to have a female developer (or co-developer in this case).
47.  This Wii U game was not developed by Nintendo, but it uses Nintendo IP and makes good use of the Wii U gamepad.
46.  This GBA tactical game has a plot similar to the Neverending Story, which is ironic, since the franchise name that this game comes from means the exact opposite.

46. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?

47. Twilight Princess HD?

46 is correct.
47 is incorrect.

Marth said:
I'm gonna post mine here as well.

#49 The fun of beating all of your Nemesis, but without the Lootboxes

#48 Colors, a gun that doesn't shoot people and the ability to think outside of the box.

#47 Oldschool multiplayer fun while sitting around a single keyboard. Some weapons even shout and sing.

#46 Stuck in a blue bubble, where everyone has a sailor mouth.

#45 Game caused a Chinese invasion

#48 Chromagun?

If it's not then I'd guess Portal or Portal 2.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

50. Astro Boy Omega Factor?

49. Contra Hard Corps?

48. Centipede?

47. Star Fox Zero?

46. FF Tactics Advance?

Mnementh said:

Time to add some more hints:

a) Build towers out of people.
b) Level up crazy much.
c) Eat curry, plip!

a) Exploration on a hex-grid.

a) Point-and-click adventure on a touchscreen.

#48 Disgaea 5. That one is obvious if you played the game I think

#46 That game could be anything. My only guess is Civ 5/6 since you technically explore on a Hex Grid

The_Liquid_Laser said:

49. Castlevania: Bloodlines? 
47. It better not be Star Fox Zero. Otherwise, I will say Hyrule Warriors
46. Someone already said this but it is kind of obvious. Final Fantasy Tactics

These are the only clues I could find in which I had any idea on what to answer. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
Landale_Star said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

50. Astro Boy Omega Factor?

49. Contra Hard Corps?

48. Centipede?

47. Star Fox Zero?

46. FF Tactics Advance?

50, 48 and 46 are all correct.  Although I think someone beat you to #46.

killeryoshis said:
Mnementh said:

Time to add some more hints:

a) Build towers out of people.
b) Level up crazy much.
c) Eat curry, plip!

a) Exploration on a hex-grid.

a) Point-and-click adventure on a touchscreen.

#48 Disgaea 5. That one is obvious if you played the game I think

#46 That game could be anything. My only guess is Civ 5/6 since you technically explore on a Hex Grid

The_Liquid_Laser said:

49. Castlevania: Bloodlines? 
47. It better not be Star Fox Zero. Otherwise, I will say Hyrule Warriors
46. Someone already said this but it is kind of obvious. Final Fantasy Tactics

These are the only clues I could find in which I had any idea on what to answer. 

All correct!  Except 46 is technically Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (and was already guessed by 2 people).

mZuzek said:
mZuzek said:

#47 - A forgotten racing franchise spin-off which regularly makes my yearly list, and probably mine only.
#46 - Its main theme (the title screen music, that is) was just referenced in a very recently released movie trailer.

#47 is a Burnout game.
#46, as I've previously stated, is a Pokémon game (and not Black/White). It's the one that invented that theme.

Burnout Paradise and Detective Pikachu?

My #48 is another new entry this year:

Into the Breach (NS)

Just like Valkyria Chronicles, this is another game I didn't know I really wanted until it was suddenly there on the eShop. An addictive, infinitely replayable strategy game, ITB is what the offspring would be were Fire Emblem, Chess and XCOM to have a child. It's grid-based gameplay shows you the enemies' next move, and forces you to act around that, potentially forcing you to sacrifice your teammates to permadeath in order to complete the mission if you make mistakes. It's one of my biggest surprises of the year.

Mnementh said: 

a) Shipwrecked at this cursed island.

Tomb Raider 2013

mZuzek said:
mZuzek said:

#47 - A forgotten racing franchise spin-off which regularly makes my yearly list, and probably mine only.
#46 - Its main theme (the title screen music, that is) was just referenced in a very recently released movie trailer.

#47 is a Burnout game.
#46, as I've previously stated, is a Pokémon game (and not Black/White). It's the one that invented that theme.

#47 Burnout Legends?

#46 Pokémon Red & Blue