By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online Overall Reception -_-

The whole thing is just a pathetic excuse to squeeze some more money out of their fans.

Around the Network

Whatever, it was always going to happen as MS started the ball rolling and made some serious $$$, the others all eventually followed suit to cash in, Nintendo are new at this so expect features to grow as well as the price

I haven't even touched the online service... and yet still paid for it or rather, had Microsoft pay for it.

Nintendo Online Service will be good for around 2-3 years. SNES and GBA games is just a matter of time.

I don’t really see much of a problem tbh, especially for $20/year. Don’t care if people call me a fanboy, but I don’t think I’m getting ripped off here. My online experience on Switch has been pretty good. Sure I get a disconnect on a rare occasion in Splatoon 2, but I don’t think getting plugged in the middle of an Overwatch match or getting bad lag from Street Fighter V are much better experiences to me. I’m getting some mileage from the NES games, including games like Baseball, Tecmo Bowl, and even NES Open Golf (though I suck at it). Sure the PS + has been ok for $60/year, but I don’t think the free games have been that much intriguing since I either bought the game already or have no interest in it for the most part. Sure paying for online sucks, but that’s the reality we live in since the 360 proved to be that successful thanks to Xbox Live.

Around the Network
KLXVER said: 
The whole thing is just a pathetic excuse to squeeze some more money out of their fans.

Well yeah, but same could be said for Sony/MS.

Most backlash come from fact that people now need to pay for something that was free before,
that's a normal and expected, I mean even Sony/MS were in same position, in year from now people will get used to fact that you need to pay for online.

Also, online is far from great, but we talking about $20 per hole year, thats just one 1/3 of price of one AAA game.

I haven't given Nintendo a penny for their online service. I already own all of the 8-Bit Nintendo games I ever want to play and even then, I don't want to play them any time soon. I'm also no fan of Reviewtech but I agree with this video wholeheartedly.

I wouldn't even get my precious Nintendo hate from that guy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

NightlyPoe said:
CaptainExplosion said:

For those of you who prefer videos over text, here's ReviewTechUSA to explain how much people hate Nintendo Switch Online.

Nintendo, sit down, shut up, and listen to us for goodness sakes.

Blocked ReviewTechUSA after he jumped the gun on a 4K Switch coming out next year to compete with the PS5 and next Xbox.  I could have forgiven that as just running with a lousy rumor, but he doubled down and gave SuperMetalDave64 in order to bolster his case.  Just embarrassing.

So while I'm sure most of us agree that the Switch Online service is poop, I don't give a rip what that guy has to say.

Agree, I’ve only seen shit videos from that guy. He seems like a bit of a dumbass.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.