Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online Overall Reception -_-

I haven't given Nintendo a penny for their online service. I already own all of the 8-Bit Nintendo games I ever want to play and even then, I don't want to play them any time soon. I'm also no fan of Reviewtech but I agree with this video wholeheartedly.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said: 

Nintendo, sit down, shut up, and listen to us for goodness sakes.

Yes, because a few tweets is justification that ppl in general are not happy.

ok...

I wouldn't even get my precious Nintendo hate from that guy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

NightlyPoe said:
CaptainExplosion said:

For those of you who prefer videos over text, here's ReviewTechUSA to explain how much people hate Nintendo Switch Online.

Nintendo, sit down, shut up, and listen to us for goodness sakes.

Blocked ReviewTechUSA after he jumped the gun on a 4K Switch coming out next year to compete with the PS5 and next Xbox.  I could have forgiven that as just running with a lousy rumor, but he doubled down and gave SuperMetalDave64 in order to bolster his case.  Just embarrassing.

So while I'm sure most of us agree that the Switch Online service is poop, I don't give a rip what that guy has to say.

Agree, I’ve only seen shit videos from that guy. He seems like a bit of a dumbass.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

We think Nintendo Switch Online had a good launch, but the service has only just begun, so we have no plans to disclose any current subscriber ratios or number of subscribers at this time.
Enhancing the service:

Our focus at this point is on boosting the appeal of the service. We need to further enhance the content of the service for the subscriber base to reach a certain size, so that is what we’re working on, with the understanding that the time it will take to do so will be measured in years.
Beyond digital:

As for the kind of service this will develop into in the future, Nintendo Switch Online is essentially a digital service, but we are also offering controllers specifically for use with Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online exclusively to subscribers of the service. We see the need to develop the service beyond being merely digital, in ways play to our strengths as a company that operates an integrated hardware and software business.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/181109e.pdf

Basically, this is just a beginning, of course that online service can be only better buy time.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Most backlash come from fact that people now need to pay for something that was free before,
that's a normal and expected, I mean even Sony/MS were in same position, in year from now people will get used to fact that you need to pay for online.

Also, online is far from great, but we talking about $20 per hole year, thats just one 1/3 of price of one AAA game.

The thing is your paying for something that isnt better than it was when it was free.

Also nes roms.... a big meh.

I am happy with it so far, but i only cared about the cloud-saves really. Having the NES app is also cool and it works great. My guess is that on the one year anniversary they will also add SNES-games

Nothing to see here, move along

JRPGfan said:
Miyamotoo said:
Most backlash come from fact that people now need to pay for something that was free before,
that's a normal and expected, I mean even Sony/MS were in same position, in year from now people will get used to fact that you need to pay for online.

Also, online is far from great, but we talking about $20 per hole year, thats just one 1/3 of price of one AAA game.

The thing is your paying for something that isnt better than it was when it was free.

Also nes roms.... a big meh.

It isnt free because it never was meant to be, Nintendo just had a grace period, but guarantee if this improves so will the price (in Nintendo's favour)   

i had fun on the first month, kept one more month and got bored with it and canceled it.

I haven't subscribed and at this point don't ever intend to. The only game I'd play online is Mario Kart.

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m