By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who Should Run For President on the Democratic Side?

Warren is my dream pick! As a resident of Massachusetts, I've never felt like there has been someone representing my values as good as her. She means what she says and she has the voting record and policy accomplishments to prove it. Politics are so tough for women but I do believe she could win. I would love nothing more than the first female president to be Elizabeth Warren.

Around the Network

elizabeth warren or hillary clinton ...either one would be a strong. welcomed candidate

Such a shame Cortez can't run. I'd love to see her shamed, demolished and humiliated.

Democrats are playing a hard game here. They need to find a balance between a candidate that is "progressive" and energetic enough so the left wing fringes don't stab them in the back, but also one moderate enough that speaks to regular blue collar whites in the Midwest. Someone needs to bridge that gap.

Barack Obama would be a good choice.

Certainly not Sanders nor Clinton. He's a divider and she has a ton of baggage.

I think Biden would be a good one provided the left doesn't try to sink him.

Last edited by Moren - on 10 November 2018

acer67 said:
elizabeth warren or hillary clinton ...either one would be a strong. welcomed candidate

morenoingrato said:

Such a shame Cortez can't run. I'd love to see her shamed, demolished and humiliated.

Democrats are playing a hard game here. They need to find a balance between a candidate that is "progressive" and energetic enough so the left wing fringes don't stab them in the back, but also one moderate enough that speaks to regular blue collar whites in the Midwest. Someone needs to bridge that gap.

Barack Obama would be a good choice.

Certainly not Sanders nor Clinton. He's a divider and she has a ton of baggage.

I think Biden would be a good one provided the left doesn't try to sink him.

They can be an average candidate or instead be a synergist one. Think how people would react if the same person arguing for the NRA to get more funding also promised to enact UHC? 

The US needs someone who can deliver both left and right without needing compromise, but rather, making contradictory decisions that would send the political compass spiraling out of control. 

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I hope Hillary bruteforces her way into running again just so we can have a repeat of 2016, because that shit was hilarious.

Apparently I've forgotten how to embed YouTube videos.  Here's a funny video relevant to your post. 

"Listen, America, I get it.  You hate me.  You hate my voice and you hate my face.  Well, here's a tip:  if you never want to see my face again, elect me President, and I swear to God I will lock myself in the Oval Office and not come out for four years.  But if you don't elect me, I will continue to run for President until the day I die.  And I will never die!

Last edited by Final-Fan - on 11 November 2018

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I hope Hillary bruteforces her way into running again just so we can have a repeat of 2016, because that shit was hilarious.

Apparently I've forgotten how to embed YouTube videos.  Here's a funny video relevant to your post. 

"Listen, America, I get it.  You hate me.  You hate my voice and you hate my face.  Well, here's a tip:  if you never want to see my face again, elect me President, and I swear to God I will lock myself in the Oval Office and not come out for four years.  But if you don't elect me, I will continue to run for President until the day I die.  And I will never die!

Heh, that's pretty good.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Final-Fan said:

Heh, that's pretty good.

That skit doesn't look far from the truth .

3rd time is the charm it seems -> https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-11/wsj-calls-it-hillary-will-run-again-2020

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I hope for someone new without any connection to Hillary or Trump, that most people can agree with and bring the citizens of America closer again in agreement and willingness of conversation.

Well Richard Ojeda announced he is running today that would be my top pick so far.

Chris Hu said:
Well Richard Ojeda announced he is running today that would be my top pick so far.

Had to look into him. I like him quite a bit. He's actually the type of candidate dems need most right now, but could see them trying to cast him off as a Trump supporter with a D after his name. Shame he hasn't won any election yet, he could do wonders in our government.