By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SuperData: Players who pay for subscriptions spend 45% more on games

I'm a HumbleBundle Monthly subscriber and have never really felt all that let down by the $12 per month I spend. Not sure how it's possible that I spend more than those who pay for full price new release, but eh, whatever.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
TIL PS Now makes up half of all subscription gaming. Word of mouth has made it sound like Game Pass dominates and Now is a failure.

To be honest, Sony's marketing on it is also just awful. Outside of new game announcements I never see them mention it and new games aren't announced until the day they're added.  The fact that the service is also only available in a limited amount of markets doesn't help as well.

zorg1000 said:
COKTOE said:

ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵃˢˢ launched 17 months ago in June 2017, but sure, PS NOW! has been a thing for longer.

Why the hell did I have it in my head that it launched in March of this year?

Probably bc that’s when (or at least around that time) they announced that all future XBO exclusive games would come to game pass. 

COKTOE said:

I had no idea PS NOW! was so BIG!. So much bigger than everything else, including it's main competitor, ˣᵇᵒˣ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵃˢˢ. It kinda makes me horny. Not as much as it used to though. I'm pretty down on Sony. It's the next step towards hating everything.

I thought the same thing! I thought I must be reading the graph wrong. And PS NOW is double the cost of gamepass. 

So after all the hullabaloo we have to listen to about EA access and gamepass being so good and successful as well as how bad ps now is it turns out it's bigger then both combined. And the funny thing is i believe Sony have the most room to grow. Ps now not launched in so many countries that Sony dominate and they have so many more potential games to put on the service. Plus they market it way less then EA access and game pass. The ball is firmly in sonys court.

Around the Network

K let's do the math.
$273,000,000 was made from these services combined.
52% from PS Now which is $20 a month
15% from Xbox Game Pass which is $10 a month

PS Now: 273,000,000 * 0.52 = 141,960,000/20 = 7,098,000 subscribers (rough estimate)
Xbox Game Pass: 273,000,000 * 0.15 = 40,950,000/10 = 4,095,000 subscribers (rough estimate)

TallSilhouette said:
TIL PS Now makes up half of all subscription gaming. Word of mouth has made it sound like Game Pass dominates and Now is a failure.

I've never had that impression.  But, I have had the impression that people find more value in Game Pass than Now.  

Sogreblute said:
52% from PS Now which is $20 a month
15% from Xbox Game Pass which is $10 a month

Oh, I didn't know it was double in the US. In Germany Game Pass is €10 and PS Now €15.

VAMatt said:
I've never had that impression. But, I have had the impression that people find more value in Game Pass than Now.

I could see that changing to some degree now that you can download games on PS Now as well. Game Pass still has the upper hand regarding the fact that 1st party games are added day 1 and some day Sony probably has to follow suit.

But PS Now could have a higher value to a lot of customers in the countries still to get access to it due to having over 650 games vs. over 200 on Game Pass and only costing €5 more (at least in Germany).

Better to pay 5 dollars more for a disc copy than getting digital games you cant resell or lend

VAMatt said:
TallSilhouette said:

I've never had that impression.  But, I have had the impression that people find more value in Game Pass than Now.  

Pretty much. GamePass is also cheaper and you get to download every single game. You still have to stream a majority of Now titles and for many (myself included) the performance is not that great.