By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SuperData: Players who pay for subscriptions spend 45% more on games

People who spend more money in gaming also spend more money in gaming. Impressive.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
COKTOE said:

I had no idea PS NOW! was so BIG!. So much bigger than everything else, including it's main competitor, ˣᵇᵒˣ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵃˢˢ. It kinda makes me horny. Not as much as it used to though. I'm pretty down on Sony. It's the next step towards hating everything.

Game Pass just started this year.

ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵃˢˢ launched 17 months ago in June 2017, but sure, PS NOW! has been a thing for longer.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
zorg1000 said:

Game Pass just started this year.

ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵃˢˢ launched 17 months ago in June 2017, but sure, PS NOW! has been a thing for longer.

Why the hell did I have it in my head that it launched in March of this year?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PSNow doing better than I expected.

zorg1000 said:
COKTOE said:

Sea Of Thieves?  That's my only guess.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
zorg1000 said:

Ya that's probably it, wasnt that like the first major title to release on Game Pass the same day?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
COKTOE said:

Ya that's probably it, wasnt that like the first major title to release on Game Pass the same day?

I believe so. There was lots of talk about Sea Of Thieves and Game Pass around that time, here and around most gaming sites.

Ka-pi96 said:

Well considering additional content and season passes usually feature online content and you can't play that content without a subscription... it's not really a surprise that people with subscriptions buy more of that stuff

That is true. 

Also lazy people like me who just go next, next and next when creating a player profile lol 

I couldn't care less what my player looks like. If the game defaults the player to something than so be it lol.

Shouldn't it say spend 45% more for extra DLC not games?

It be impossible for them to correlate how many games I purchased vs someone with a subscription, if all I buy is physical.

TIL PS Now makes up half of all subscription gaming. Word of mouth has made it sound like Game Pass dominates and Now is a failure.