By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NPD Prediction: Will Smash Ultimate become the fastest selling Nintendo Title?

Will Smash Ultimate surpass Brawl's first month sales?

Yes 23 69.70%

No 10 30.30%

It won't be close 0 0%

Total:33

Odyssey sold 1.1M copies in the US it's first 5 days.

Smash launching in Nintendos strongest month, will totally annihilate that. And then there's another 2 weeks of christmas shopping beyond those 5 first days.

2M is a lock, 3M is a possibility.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

I don’t see it happening.

I get the feeling a lot of people are talking about hype, but I don’t see many actually excited to play it. It’s not like Zelda and Mario last year. I’d like to see it sell really well because I like seeing Nintendo be successful, but a B-tier Nintendo game like Smash being pushed as an A-lister title feels like one big lie.

Maybe if they had an even more robust Subspace Emissary Mode - or something compelling and fresh - but aside from more content, the game looks like more of the same: and that is why I think there’s not a huge amount of excitement to actually play it.

What on earth am I reading

It has a shot but I can't imagine it beating Pokemon numbers. That said, has there been a more hyped Smash in history?

Jumpin said:

I get the feeling a lot of people are talking about hype, but I don’t see many actually excited to play it. It’s not like Zelda and Mario last year. I’d like to see it sell really well because I like seeing Nintendo be successful, but a B-tier Nintendo game like Smash being pushed as an A-lister title feels like one big lie.

Maybe if they had an even more robust Subspace Emissary Mode - or something compelling and fresh - but aside from more content, the game looks like more of the same: and that is why I think there’s not a huge amount of excitement to actually play it.

B-Tier?

....Where?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Dulfite said:
When did Brawl release? Month I mean. That being said I predict Ultimate will sell more because of one reason above all others; Ultimate is the superior name.

March 9th, 2008 

Around the Network

I think Brawl had bigger hype (the Smash Dojo, the 6+year wait from Melee, the delays) but the Switch has a more core audience. Not saying only core gamers play Smash, but they are way more likely to than an average consumer. The Switch has sold just about as much as the Wii, if not more in the equivalent time period. So yeah, I think so.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Mar1217 said:
jason1637 said:

Pokemon has done over 4m in NPD this gen. So no I see Smash selling 2m first month.

It's launching December 7th, in Nintendo strongest month. It'll easily do that during during first two weeks.

Depends on how much of the bundle they have in stock. Also the Mario Kart bundle is cheaper so most casual buyers might go with that.

jason1637 said:
Mar1217 said:

It's launching December 7th, in Nintendo strongest month. It'll easily do that during during first two weeks.

Depends on how much of the bundle they have in stock. Also the Mario Kart bundle is cheaper so most casual buyers might go with that.

Thats Target only and is for black friday only as far as we know

Jumpin said:

I don’t know..the tailgate events and the promotion behind Ultimate shows plenty of hype to me.

And I never would’ve thought that a 75-character roster, 900 songs, 103 stages, and the World of Light mode would configure to bring a B-tier game. Heck, most B-tier games would salivate for the sales of Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. If that’s the case, I would be even more hyped than I am now, and I’m already hyped to the roof :P.

Easily. If I remember correctly Switch sales went up after the E3 Smash reveal. Smash pushed hardware 6 months before it comes out. Smash is going to be massively popular on Switch. 4 Million sales in a month is a real possibility. I honestly can't wait to see the sales.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.