By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony disappointing service: time to change my lead platform?

Upgrade your gaming PC for multiplayer and use your Playstation consoles for SP games and exclusives. It's dumb as hell that you can't change your region. I change my Xbox region to AUS all the time to snag free DLC for MP games I am playing and when I go into matchmaking I still get good matches. Not surprised Sony would allow you to buy currency but then not allow you to use it or give you a refund. They do a lot of stuff right but their policies regarding purchases have always been complete garbage.

Switch probably isn't a bad alternative either, tbh I have never used mine online outside of a few MK races.



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Faelco said:

Thanks! But like I said in a previous post, I'm talking about lead platform. So my priority in term of investment and multiplatform games. I'll keep the PS4 anyway and will surely buy the PS5 one day, but depending on stuff like censorship I might invest in a Switch or my PC in priority. I usually own 15+ PS games by generation, for around 3 Nintendo games and 3 PC games, I'm thinking about changing the ratio. I don't want to buy censored games, and buying multiplayer games on Playstation could be risky because I might go back to France one day and lose my progress again...

I am a big fan of Sony and their exclusive games, but their "policies" and their evolution are really disappointing.

As far as I' completely against censorship, let the ratting companies take care of what is too far for specific audiences on specific places, do you really play those kind of games for that intent for that to be a problem to you?

As far as I know it's affecting the games we always joked about around here, to the point it stuck on Vita's as the hentai machine.

Again, I'm not defending it in any way but it really doesn't come close of being a problem to games I care about, and you know I preffer japanese games over american/european, mostly

Well, if you are going to keep PS as a side console and can bank another system for multiplats, why not? XBX is more powerful than the Pro, I don't see why couldn't you get multiplats there instead.

I'm not a huge fan of that kind of stuff, but I like Visual Novels and you have sometimes scenes with a bit of ecchi. And having the games released later than other platforms to include big white bands covering half of the screen is not really something I'm looking forward to. And like I said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nier Automata 2 with the same kind of outfit on PC, but with pants on PS4, because butts are bad. I hate censorship, because you never know when it's going to stop.



Faelco said:
BraLoD said:

As far as I' completely against censorship, let the ratting companies take care of what is too far for specific audiences on specific places, do you really play those kind of games for that intent for that to be a problem to you?

As far as I know it's affecting the games we always joked about around here, to the point it stuck on Vita's as the hentai machine.

Again, I'm not defending it in any way but it really doesn't come close of being a problem to games I care about, and you know I preffer japanese games over american/european, mostly

Well, if you are going to keep PS as a side console and can bank another system for multiplats, why not? XBX is more powerful than the Pro, I don't see why couldn't you get multiplats there instead.

I'm not a huge fan of that kind of stuff, but I like Visual Novels and you have sometimes scenes with a bit of ecchi. And having the games released later than other platforms to include big white bands covering half of the screen is not really something I'm looking forward to. And like I said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nier Automata 2 with the same kind of outfit on PC, but with pants on PS4, because butts are bad. I hate censorship, because you never know when it's going to stop.

I agree on hating censorship, Sony should have let Cero take care of what's going for Japan and ESRB/PEGI overseas, but honestly I still don't see a problem right now, even less to weight on your decision here.

And as Conina said if you are moving to Nintendo (don't know how you expect to play multiplats there, tho) and that's an actual concern... you are in for a treat, as Nintendo is a VERY conservative company. (Also those kind of games are very rarely even on Xbox too...)

Maybe you should move to a PC primarly route instead, then. (Though some massive stuff as GTA V and Redemption 2 take real long to hit there tho)



BraLoD said:
Faelco said:

I'm not a huge fan of that kind of stuff, but I like Visual Novels and you have sometimes scenes with a bit of ecchi. And having the games released later than other platforms to include big white bands covering half of the screen is not really something I'm looking forward to. And like I said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nier Automata 2 with the same kind of outfit on PC, but with pants on PS4, because butts are bad. I hate censorship, because you never know when it's going to stop.

I agree on hating censorship, Sony should have let Cero take care of what's going for Japan and ESRB/PEGI overseas, but honestly I still don't see a problem right now, even less to weight on your decision here.

And as Conina said if you are moving to Nintendo (don't know how you expect to play multiplats there, tho) and that's an actual concern... you are in for a treat, as Nintendo is a VERY conservative company. (Also those kind of games are very rarely even on Xbox too...)

Maybe you should move to a PC primarly route instead, then. (Though some massive stuff as GTA V and Redemption 2 take real long to hit there tho)

Not in this generation, they are doing the opposite of Sony, namely in Japan. They are allowing everything, which is surprising. Action speak louder than words, and right now Nintendo is allowing Japan to be Japan, something Sony isn't.

Last edited by Acevil - on 03 November 2018

 

Acevil said:
BraLoD said:

I agree on hating censorship, Sony should have let Cero take care of what's going for Japan and ESRB/PEGI overseas, but honestly I still don't see a problem right now, even less to weight on your decision here.

And as Conina said if you are moving to Nintendo (don't know how you expect to play multiplats there, tho) and that's an actual concern... you are in for a treat, as Nintendo is a VERY conservative company. (Also those kind of games are very rarely even on Xbox too...)

Maybe you should move to a PC primarly route instead, then. (Though some massive stuff as GTA V and Redemption 2 take real long to hit there tho)

Not in this generation, they are doing the opposite of Sony, namely in Japan. They are allowing everything, which is surprising. Action speak louder than words, and right now Nintendo is allowing Japan to be Japan, something Sony isn't.

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tech/3936102/nintendos-alleged-censorship-of-games-deemed-too-sexy-or-shocking-for-politically-correct-western-audiences-revealed/amp/

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/kotaku.com/nintendo-censored-panties-in-mahjong-game-art-1827567832/amp

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/kotaku.com/the-english-version-of-fire-emblem-fates-wont-have-the-1755121353/amp

Not saying they are not improving, tho.



Around the Network

I'm not sure what you can do about much of that. The Switch is great and bound to have Fire Emblem games on it (while Advance Wars is in eternal limbo) but Nintendo is never great at the whole online, and there's PS/Xbox games that just won't appear on it since it's not nearly as powerful. Speaking of Xbox, nobody buys them in Japan. And there's tons of game that aren't even from Sony that only appear on PS4, and maybe Switch. There's also PC gaming but you'll miss out on a ton of console specific games and if you've been a console only player most of you life, it might not be your thing. A lot of what you described sucks but no clear immediate solutions are evident.

PS5 and Xbox Whatever will be out in like two years or so, so my advice would be just to wait and see how much Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft change by then and what the conosles/exclusives look like and go from there. And maybe buy a Switch in the meanwhile.



StriderKiwi said:
I'm not sure what you can do about much of that. The Switch is great and bound to have Fire Emblem games on it (while Advance Wars is in eternal limbo) but Nintendo is never great at the whole online, and there's PS/Xbox games that just won't appear on it since it's not nearly as powerful. Speaking of Xbox, nobody buys them in Japan. And there's tons of game that aren't even from Sony that only appear on PS4, and maybe Switch. There's also PC gaming but you'll miss out on a ton of console specific games and if you've been a console only player most of you life, it might not be your thing. A lot of what you described sucks but no clear immediate solutions are evident.

PS5 and Xbox Whatever will be out in like two years or so, so my advice would be just to wait and see how much Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft change by then and what the conosles/exclusives look like and go from there. And maybe buy a Switch in the meanwhile.

Yes, no immediate solution, and even changing the platform isn't a good one, I need to think carefully. But between the latest policies change and the exchange with the support today, I at least needed to vent a little I guess :D



BraLoD said:
Acevil said:

Not in this generation, they are doing the opposite of Sony, namely in Japan. They are allowing everything, which is surprising. Action speak louder than words, and right now Nintendo is allowing Japan to be Japan, something Sony isn't.

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tech/3936102/nintendos-alleged-censorship-of-games-deemed-too-sexy-or-shocking-for-politically-correct-western-audiences-revealed/amp/

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/kotaku.com/nintendo-censored-panties-in-mahjong-game-art-1827567832/amp

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/kotaku.com/the-english-version-of-fire-emblem-fates-wont-have-the-1755121353/amp

Not saying they are not improving, tho.

The only example you listed there that reflect what I was talking about is the eshop cover art. Since I stated about censorship in Japan not censorship of things coming out of Japan. Which is nothing compared to what Sony is doing in comparisons.

 



 

Acevil said:
BraLoD said:

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tech/3936102/nintendos-alleged-censorship-of-games-deemed-too-sexy-or-shocking-for-politically-correct-western-audiences-revealed/amp/

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/kotaku.com/nintendo-censored-panties-in-mahjong-game-art-1827567832/amp

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/kotaku.com/the-english-version-of-fire-emblem-fates-wont-have-the-1755121353/amp

Not saying they are not improving, tho.

The only example you listed there that reflect what I was talking about is the eshop cover art. Since I stated about censorship in Japan not censorship of things coming out of Japan. Which is nothing compared to what Sony is doing in comparisons.

 

Yeah, Sony is even delaying the release by pushing small Japanese-only developers to explain everything in English. Because no-one at Sony speaks Japanese. So stupid.



Conina said:
Faelco said:

Thanks! But like I said in a previous post, I'm talking about lead platform. So my priority in term of investment and multiplatform games. I'll keep the PS4 anyway and will surely buy the PS5 one day, but depending on stuff like censorship I might invest in a Switch or my PC in priority.

ROFL!  Turning to a Nintendo platform to avoid censorship?

Yeah, that will work out in the long run, even if some indie games manage to slip through the cracks due to the overload of Switch ports right now.

What? Nintendo only censor games that they own or publish, they also don't censor any game in Japan unlike Sony at the moment