By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES Classic and SNES Classic have shipped 10 million units combined

LivingMetal said:
But it appears that both the Super NES mini and the NES mini re-release has not sold as well as the original NES mini. Probably due to the growing trend of the Raspberry Pi. But I did acquire the NES mini at re-release. Still debating on the Super NES mini though.

Where did you get your information from:

Nintendo, in their latest financial report, have proudly announced that the sought-after SNES Classic console has sold a staggering 5.28 million units. If anything SNES has close 1.5 to 1 ratio by now. 

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/snes-classic-sales-pass-the-five-million-units-mark-500423.phtml

Last edited by Acevil - on 02 November 2018

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
MasonADC said:
Insane. Hoping the ps1 classic has this type of success

I missed that. When does this release?

December 4th I believe.

Nintendo finding success in this space means that others like Sony, Sega and SNK can come in and find success on their own...and that's what they are doing. There is enough room for everyone as this market segment is still in its infancy. The cost of these things amount to a special edition of a game or a more expensive peripheral and they seem to me to be very high margin. Each have lineup that will appeal to a mass number of individuals.

Those who want its failure (the game list doesn't match what I want so I want it to fail, even though I don't buy Playstation products anyway) or are predicting its failure (it wont match the sales of the NES/SNES mini's because their games are not as iconic), the device was never for them.

Acevil said:
LivingMetal said:
But it appears that both the Super NES mini and the NES mini re-release has not sold as well as the original NES mini. Probably due to the growing trend of the Raspberry Pi. But I did acquire the NES mini at re-release. Still debating on the Super NES mini though.

Where did you get your information from:

Nintendo, in their latest financial report, have proudly announced that the sought-after SNES Classic console has sold a staggering 5.28 million units. If anything SNES has close 1.5 to 1 ratio by now. 

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/snes-classic-sales-pass-the-five-million-units-mark-500423.phtml

The numbers should dictate in this case.  It's just I've seen a lot less hype for both the Super NES mini as well as the re release of the original one while both are still readily available.

I wonder how much would have sold if these were actual consoles that ran old carts rather than just software emulators running on what is essentially raspberry pies. I'm skipping all these lame 'classics'. Just bought a Super nt and planning on buying Sega sg when its released.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

damn thats pretty good, didnt think they'd be that high

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Oh wow, at this pace they will end up outselling the Wii U.

Keybladewielder said:
Oh wow, at this pace they will end up outselling the Wii U.

Haha, oh crap! It's true!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

dharh said:
I wonder how much would have sold if these were actual consoles that ran old carts rather than just software emulators running on what is essentially raspberry pies. I'm skipping all these lame 'classics'. Just bought a Super nt and planning on buying Sega sg when its released.

Less because that would’ve been too much of a hassle for too many people, nevermind much more expensive if you had to buy individual games.

SNES Classic is my nostalgic golden age of gaming in a tiny plastic encased emulator, the thing rocks. Now I'm just awaiting the N64 classic - the latter half of my golden age, especially on the multiplayer front.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden