By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (UPDATE: FAKE NEWS) New patch reportedly makes Silent Hill P.T Unplayable

Update:  Konami denied this  

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/11/02/a-new-patch-reportedly-makes-silent-hills-pt-unplayable-on-your-ps4-even-if-its-installed

Original:

Anyone see anything else about this? I have P.T., and I never want to lose it. Credibility of the source is unknown, but this seems believable. Is there a way to set updates to “manual” for an individual game?

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/31/a-new-patch-reportedly-makes-silent-hills-pt-unplayable-on-your-ps4-even-if-its-installed

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 03 November 2018

Around the Network

Isn't DRM a beautiful thing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That digital only gaming will be so awesome!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:

We are basically in that era, physical means very little, besides maybe saving internet bandwidth. So many games require day 1 patches to playable, so many require later updates to unlock content. 

xl-klaudkil said:

Even with physical this is still just as easily possible.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

This has nothing to do with digital. They could just as easily disable the ability to play it if it came on a disc. In fact it would probably be even easier.

The word you're looking for is "DRM".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

konami being konami. surprised?

even activision & EA are not this evil. lol maybe...

cycycychris said:

I updated your title. I know its copied from IGN, but please avoid all CAPS titles.

For the question in the OP, I'm nearly positive there something in the setting that lets you turn off auto downloads.

Haha oops, sorry. I literally copy/pasted the title from the article on my phone. I’ll try to remember no caps!

xl-klaudkil said:

It's only inevitable that this happens eventually. It's already like that on PC and I haven't had any issues at all with it. There are drawbacks to physical games as well especially those with children.

method114 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

It's only inevitable that this happens eventually. It's already like that on PC and I haven't had any issues at all with it. There are drawbacks to physical games as well especially those with children.

I'm pretty sure you can backup your games on PC, and even patch them if you need to. Try to do that with a console and you will most likely brick the thing, or get your account banned for tinkering with the hardware.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.