By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 #2 Biggest UK Launch in 2018. 27% of GTAV.

if it get 27% of gtav overall, will be huge

Around the Network

Awesome start for Red Dead. Won't come close to GTA V's current 100m+ shipped, but that was never the expectation. Could finish above all the other GTA's lifetime though.

Massive growth for the franchise. 

Massive growth for the series. Over 600k retail only. Humongous.

I expect digital to be around 45%. Let's say they're only 40% though then this did over 1m in the uk first week. About 650k on ps4 and 350k on xbox. Retail only we know its roughly,
Ps4: 410k
XB1: 190k

That's a huge win for the ps4 right there.

The physical market is rapidly becoming nonexistent in the UK, this much was obvious with FIFA and COD figures.

Very good first week for Red Dead Redemption 2! This shows what a monster GTA 5 was in 2013.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Retail only.

Around 600k sold.

Game is sold more than twice what Red Dead Redemption sold.

68% of sales were on PS4 while 32% on Xbox Onle.

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/red-dead-redemption-2-doesnt-clinch-uk-retails-biggest-week-one-of-2018

Wonderful news! Gratulation @ this Masterpiece

Rockstar Games is awesome. And the PS4-bundles are selling strong in the US and Europe :)

Ka-pi96 said:
I was wondering what could have been bigger than it, but then I remembered FIFA There's no shame in losing to FIFA!

Crazy that it's double the original RDR but still only 27% of GTA. Shows just how massive GTA is!

RDR2 won't hit GTAV numbers on consoles, even being a massive hit, GTAV numbers is way off limits, which makes the release of a PC version even more important to improve sales.

That 2:1 split for PS4 to XBO is really something. I say this because I don't believe the actually console spit it that high in the favor of PS4 in the UK.

CosmicSex said:
That 2:1 split for PS4 to XBO is really something. I say this because I don't believe the actually console spit it that high in the favor of PS4 in the UK.

According to VGC it's around 5:4 (5.4m PS4, 4.3m XBO).

So yeah the huge difference in software sales I can only attribute to Sony having the marketing rights. 7.5% attach rate on PS4 vs 4.5% on XBO.

Mordred11 said:
The physical market is rapidly becoming nonexistent in the UK, this much was obvious with FIFA and COD figures.

Yeah I have to disagree....while the digital market is definitely growing and growing VERY well.....to say the physical Market in the UK is rapidly becoming nonexistent is just kind of over blowing it.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23