By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The things I do for rockstar games.

John2290 said:
GoOnKid said:

Why would you buy the same game five times? Ridiculous.

Bought it for 360 as that was what was available. Then ps3 and later ps4. PC and after my disc drive broke on my OG ps4 again digitally. 

Diogo said:
I won't judge you, but, 5 times? What led you to do so?

Ok, so you named the platforms. But the question still remains. Why?

Around the Network

5 times? My friends have been trying to convince me to rebuy it one time and I refuse to do so

John2290 said:

For GTA4 at the age of 17, I got a bus ride to a town 20+ miles from mine so i could pick up the last two copies for me and a mate after spending hours calling around on release day. What a disappointment for all that effort.

IIn 2010, I didn't know RDR would be so good and hook me so thourally but I skipped out on life for about a week after it's release.

2013, GTA 5, I didn't think I'd buy it after years of not gaming yet I ended up buying it on 4 different platforms for a total of five copies (one digital). 350 euro on that one at least. Also, it caused me hefty trouble from skipping obligations which hassled me for weeks after. 

And here we are, 2018 and for some reason only tethering from my 4g phone will give me any speed with PSN as opposed to near still speeds on BB (or at least the download on RDR2. Same happened with GoW, Spiderman and Detroit) I've spent the last two days watching the estimates and at the best I got 60+ hour's estimated (and with less than 48 hours now til release, that is unacceptable) until I found a spot two hours ago where I got an 8 hour estimate... well, until I step away from my phone that is, as long as I keep it in my hand, in this particular spot I'm getting normal speeds on the download and no, propping it on things doesn't work. So, I'm laying here in the guest room of my family house, phone in hand at 3am and 6 hours on the download timer, making the best of this oppertunity. God forbid I have to go and buy a physical copy friday because the download stalls or returns to the 99+ hour estimates. 

Wish me luck with the all nighter, holding this increasingly hot phone. Cancer for RDR2? You betcha! 

Fucking Rockstar games, man. 

I'm loving your passion man!

RDR2 is going to be the shit....and a bit.

I was thinking, after this they'll probably drop GTA 6 in 2020 fairly early in the PS5's life and while that will be incredible I'm secretly hoping they buck the trend and release an R18+ version of Manhunt 3 to the world.... 

GTA Online burned me out so much, I don't plan to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 on the foreseeable future. After playing GTA V on two platforms and transferring my Online progress to current-gen, I believe I've seen everything the game has to offer, including its limitations. Never mind the lack of an expansion of territory to San Fierro, Las Venturas or even North Yankton, but how poorly the content was executed and how they prioritized fixing money-making exploits instead of game-breaking glitches which persisted in the game for months. Meager pay, paired with the high chance of having poorly-skilled players who get killed over and over again, to disincentivize money grinding in favor of Shark Cards: an easy way for them to make money out of desperate people. Not to mention that many single player features weren't available online, like the lack of animals, reduced quality on the weather effects, lack of usable interiors, exclusion of minigames, etc.

If ball shrinkage is the kind of novelty we're expecting from Rockstar this time, then I'll skip this game.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:
A game that I have 0 expectations.

Prepare for those expectations to be shattered. :D

Good. I'm preparing to give RDR2 and GTA5 a shot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
John2290 said:
GoOnKid said:

Why would you buy the same game five times? Ridiculous.

Bought it for 360 as that was what was available. Then ps3 and later ps4. PC and after my disc drive broke on my OG ps4 again digitally. 

But why did you buy it on 4 different platforms. I get why you got 2 copies on the PS4, and why you buy it cross-gen (I did that on the Xbox, to try the new gen upgrades). Not sure why you got it for the 360, PS3 and PC.

In my honest opinion, Rockstar north/sandiego are the best studio in gaming, bar none.

Their open world's are just a league above any one's else's, with Bethesda in a distant second.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

GoOnKid said:
John2290 said:

I have 3 copies of Corpse Party: Blood Drive, for the same platform. 2 deluxe collectors editions and one digital. These things happen. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

John2290 said:
Diogo said:

Fair enough. The 360 to PS3 seems redundant, at least for me (well, unless you were going for the trophies), but other than that, I can understand. I've played it on PS3 and PC, way too many hours spent on this game.....

I gave up on Xbox live after MW3, wanted to get online but paying for live was out of the question so buying the game for ps3 seemed like a fairer option. In fairness I wouldn't have bought it for ps4 but my ps3 and 360 were killed via hammer by an angry drunken family member. 

pls tell us more

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

COKTOE said:
GoOnKid said:

I have 3 copies of Corpse Party: Blood Drive, for the same platform. 2 deluxe collectors editions and one digital. These things happen. :)

Alright, I'll admit I bought Zelda OoT and MM for both the N64 and the 3DS but just because I sold the N64 cartridges the other day. So technically, I bought them twice but own them once. Yes, these things happen, indeed. Your story, on the other hand, is even more ridiculous than OPs' ... To each their own, I guess.