By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2018 thread, results up! PS4 421K; NSW 259K; XB1 176K; 3DS 81K

Let me know you feedback, would you like those threads to be a thing?

yes 46 93.88%

no 3 6.12%

Total:49
quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I will just say this man. It doesn't look like it is losing momentum to me. But more like the calm before the storm.......with Smash coming and that Pokemon bundle(even if it isn't a mainline game) I am sure things will pick up. And it was not most people that predicted that the Switch would destroy the PS4 this year. Just a few diehard Nintendo fans and clearly they were wrong. Let's not confuse the minority with the majority on this.

it will do the same numbers from last year imo in the holidays, reports from insiders is pokemon hype is weak.

The switch did 5.8m for november+december last year. If it did the same again this year we'd be looking at maybe 15m sold to consumers for the fiscal year, and with a forecast of 20m shipped that would be disastrous.

Personally I think Switch is going to have a much stronger holiday and hit 7m for NOV+DEC. 6m or less would be very troubling after it's relatively weak first (probably first two) quarters this fiscal year.

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

it's fair to say it's losing momentum.

But you've been saying this since launch lolol. One slow month shouldn't change that. 

And the slow October rumor is from Benji, the man you've attempted to discredit on multiple occasions. So he's only credible when it's info you want to hear??

at first i had my doubts with benji, but lately he has been on point.

quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I will just say this man. It doesn't look like it is losing momentum to me. But more like the calm before the storm.......with Smash coming and that Pokemon bundle(even if it isn't a mainline game) I am sure things will pick up. And it was not most people that predicted that the Switch would destroy the PS4 this year. Just a few diehard Nintendo fans and clearly they were wrong. Let's not confuse the minority with the majority on this.

it will do the same numbers from last year imo in the holidays, reports from insiders is pokemon hype is weak.

Don’t underestimate the sales potential of Pokemon just because insiders are reporting low hype for the game, especially during holidays. 

quickrick said:

and most people predicted it would destroy ps4 sales this year

Go on then, show me the proof of this.

Carl said:
quickrick said:

and most people predicted it would destroy ps4 sales this year

the users here that make predictions  are such a small minority, were talking like 10 users probably.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-hw-predictions-for-2018-entire-year-closes-friday-february-2.18409/

Around the Network
quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Even if it is weak it would still do better than last year with the game. Which would have it up YoY. Now will it reach that 20mil Fiscal year prediction....that I am not sure of. But I do feel that will have a very solid holiday. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

ps4 now have 6npds?

TheBlackNaruto said:
quickrick said:

Even if it is weak it would still do better than last year with the game. Which would have it up YoY. Now will it reach that 20mil Fiscal year prediction....that I am not sure of. But I do feel that will have a very solid holiday. 

3ds didn't do better then it's first year when pokemon came out near the holidays, yes i know it came out in october.

quickrick said:
Carl said:

the users here that make predictions  are such a small minority, were talking like 10 users probably.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-hw-predictions-for-2018-entire-year-closes-friday-february-2.18409/

How are "most people" and a "vocal minority" congruent?

quickrick said:
Carl said:

ResetEra became part of VGC! When were you people going to inform me of that!

Signature goes here!