By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2018 thread, results up! PS4 421K; NSW 259K; XB1 176K; 3DS 81K

 

Let me know you feedback, would you like those threads to be a thing?

yes 46 93.88%
 
no 3 6.12%
 
Total:49

Stolen from Resetera.

Switch: 1
3DS: 0.31
PS4: 1.63
XBox: 0.68
Other: 1

YoY:
Switch: -16%
3DS: -49%
PS4: +42%
XBox: -3%
Other: -59%

Software side (physical only), Spiderman came out as the top selling software by a mile, followed by NBA 2K19 and Super Mario Party.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Just some real quick preliminary math gives something like

PS4 ~420k
NSW ~260k
XBO ~170k
3DS ~80k

Obviously these aren't 100% accurate, just quick estimates.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Once again, stolen from Era

PS4: ~425K
NSW: ~260K
XB1: ~175K
3DS: ~81K

January-September total sales:
PS4: ~2708K (+9%)
NSW: ~2245K (-3%)
XB1: ~1868K (+32%)



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

So taking those numbers above here is what VGchartz had for 3 weeks of North America charts in September (including Spider-man release week)

PS4: ~200k
NSW: ~160k

Going to guess there will need to be some adjustments.



Megiddo said:

So taking those numbers above here is what VGchartz had for 3 weeks of North America charts in September (including Spider-man release week)

PS4: ~200k
NSW: ~160k

Going to guess there will need to be some adjustments.

Switch looks about right, 160k in 3 weeks is ~53k/week and 260k in 5 weeks is 52k/week



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

So taking those numbers above here is what VGchartz had for 3 weeks of North America charts in September (including Spider-man release week)

PS4: ~200k
NSW: ~160k

Going to guess there will need to be some adjustments.

Switch looks about right, 160k in 3 weeks is ~53k/week and 260k in 5 weeks is 52k/week

Indeed. So it seems like an adjustment upwards for PS4 is the ticket.



I'm just glad that the PS4 Pro shortage is over, available at most major retailers websites and B&M stores. Shifting gears, while we won't have a 400k+ month, the RDR2 bundle for the end of the month should do wonders for the PS4 this month.



Megiddo said:

So taking those numbers above here is what VGchartz had for 3 weeks of North America charts in September (including Spider-man release week)

PS4: ~200k
NSW: ~160k

Going to guess there will need to be some adjustments.

Using hardware tool can get USA numbers which is what NPD tracks, not the whole of NA. These are numbers VGC currently has for first 3 weeks of this NPD.

PS4 - 182k (60.6k avg)
Switch - 148k (49.3k avg)
XBO - 137k (45.6k avg)

Just adding VGC's average weekly numbers together we get this:

PS4 -      303k            (122k below Era Numbers)
Switch - 246.5k        (13.5k below Era Numbers)
XBO -     228k           (53k above Era Numbers)

So going by averages XBO is overtracked, Switch is slightly undertracked unless it had a boost in the last two weeks from something and PS4 is probably about right considering the last two weeks will be a lot bigger than average due to Spiderman.

edit: NVM Spiderman was released September 7th, PS4 isn't "about right" it's heavily undertracked. XBO overtracked, Switch slightly undertracked, PS4 Heavily undertracked.

Last edited by Barkley - on 19 October 2018

Spider-man is already included in the VGchartz numbers. It released in early September. So PS4 is not relatively not even close to accurate at all.



Megiddo said:

Spider-man is already included in the VGchartz numbers. It released in early September.

Ah, you're right. I thought it was released 21st september for some reason.

Then yeah if Era numbers are correct VGC would have probably have undertracked PS4 by ~140k. VGC also undertracked GoW's hardware boost quite heavily IIRC so it's somewhat of a pattern.