By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona Q2's existence just baffles me

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

So you mean let all things related to the map - the most unique feature of this series - become automatic play? May as well let the whole game play itself and beat the final boss for you.

Automap already is a thing for EO for a long time now, in case you never noticed.But thats not even the point.You would still shape the map by putting walls, chests, points of interest, enemies, harvest spots, and so on.Something that is easily done by pressing a button that would bring up the map and then you would "draw" on it.

And as it was already said, map drawing is not the only big draw of the series.

Plus, Atlus already confirmed that they are making the next EO game, and that its not going to be made for the 3DS, which we can only conclude it will release on the Switch and/or PS4.It dosent get more official than that that EO can be made without a second screen in mind.

And I mean, you can stop playing the games if you like, if you feel like "the game will play by itself".I can safely say that I, and the rest of the fanbase(and hopefully new fans) will keep enjoying it.And who knows, the fresh takes that the series will need to have for this transition to work will make us enjoy it even more.

I already knew about that. Many fans of this series is because the drawing map feature. Theis series will be on Switch with the completely drop of drawing map feature, hope you won't be shocked when the sales on Switch get decreased

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Mnementh said:

Sorry, my big draw for Etrian Odyssey never was the map-painting, that was just a little gimmick. EO is so much more than a map. And automap is already a thing for EO.

Yeah, don't complain when the sales of this niche series reduce.

Will you complain if the sales soar on a new platform? Because frankly, the handheld may be a hindrance. So far EO is on handheld is in it's sales mostly japan-centric. It's a fact, that a mobile console as platform is no hindrace (on the contrary) in Japan, but in the West this is different. Handhelds are seen here more as a device for kids and are ignored by adults. A home console release can grow the franchise, as recently shown with Monster Hunter World. Switch as a hybrid can even unite both groups. I think a PS4 release might increase the sales in the US and europe, and a Switch release might increase the sales worldwide.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

Automap already is a thing for EO for a long time now, in case you never noticed.But thats not even the point.You would still shape the map by putting walls, chests, points of interest, enemies, harvest spots, and so on.Something that is easily done by pressing a button that would bring up the map and then you would "draw" on it.

And as it was already said, map drawing is not the only big draw of the series.

Plus, Atlus already confirmed that they are making the next EO game, and that its not going to be made for the 3DS, which we can only conclude it will release on the Switch and/or PS4.It dosent get more official than that that EO can be made without a second screen in mind.

And I mean, you can stop playing the games if you like, if you feel like "the game will play by itself".I can safely say that I, and the rest of the fanbase(and hopefully new fans) will keep enjoying it.And who knows, the fresh takes that the series will need to have for this transition to work will make us enjoy it even more.

I already knew about that. Many fans of this series is because the drawing map feature. Theis series will be on Switch with the completely drop of drawing map feature, hope you won't be shocked when the sales on Switch get decreased

I wont be schocked, because it wont happen.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mnementh said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah, don't complain when the sales of this niche series reduce.

Will you complain if the sales soar on a new platform? Because frankly, the handheld may be a hindrance. So far EO is on handheld is in it's sales mostly japan-centric. It's a fact, that a mobile console as platform is no hindrace (on the contrary) in Japan, but in the West this is different. Handhelds are seen here more as a device for kids and are ignored by adults. A home console release can grow the franchise, as recently shown with Monster Hunter World. Switch as a hybrid can even unite both groups. I think a PS4 release might increase the sales in the US and europe, and a Switch release might increase the sales worldwide.

You are comparing a big action hunting game to a small niche dungeon crawler series. The only reason why Persona Q series was on 3ds is because the drawing map feature, on Switch no doubt that feature will be dropped

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Correct, it won't happen on ps4, it will only come to Switch at best.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

Ok....

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Ok....

Yes

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Ok....

Sorry, double post

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 23 October 2018

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

Ok....

Yes

Ok...