By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona Q2's existence just baffles me

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

This have been said since early ps3 era and 10 years later, look like everything go well as Atlus expect.

Didnt Atlus games do well both on Nintendo and Sony though?SMT and EO grew on Nintendo platforms, and Persona games, along with other minor releases from them, also grew on Sony platforms.I dont understand how you cannot grasp the simple equation of bigger fanbase(Sony + Nintendo combined) = bigger sales on any of their games.

Why are you trying to turn this into a console wars?

Exactly, everything is fine as it is so no reason to break it. You think EO/Persona Q can work on ps4 or something?

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

Didnt Atlus games do well both on Nintendo and Sony though?SMT and EO grew on Nintendo platforms, and Persona games, along with other minor releases from them, also grew on Sony platforms.I dont understand how you cannot grasp the simple equation of bigger fanbase(Sony + Nintendo combined) = bigger sales on any of their games.

Why are you trying to turn this into a console wars?

Exactly, everything is fine as it is so no reason to break it. You think EO/Persona Q can work on ps4 or something?

So releasing on more than one platform, including the one it usually releases, is gonna break the bank and make that franchise a failure? *facepalm*

Of course it could, just as EO and Persona Q could work on the Switch.Just look at Rol post in this thread about this.Not to mention Persona and SMT, since they would require zero work to adapt to that console.(other than the porting costs, of course)

I feel we had this conversation before....

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

So releasing on more than one platform, including the one it usually releases, is gonna break the bank and make that franchise a failure? *facepalm*

Of course it could, just as EO and Persona Q could work on the Switch.Just look at Rol post in this thread about this.Not to mention Persona and SMT, since they would require zero work to adapt to that console.(other than the porting costs, of course)

How to draw map and put all the icons on the map if you play ps4?

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

As I said and you simply ignored, go read Rol post in this thread, he explains it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

As I said and you simply ignored, go read Rol post in this thread, he explains it.

So you mean let all things related to the map - the most unique feature of this series - become automatic play? May as well let the whole game play itself and beat the final boss for you.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Looks like I’m the only Persona fan on this site eagerly waiting to get this game without any qualms about the platform in question.

You're not alone. 

Also, it seems people have forgot the map building in this game is something that can't be translated well with a single screen so it explains why they wouldn't do so.

Last, SMT shall remain again exclusive to Nintendo platforms. I don't mind if they do so with Persona on PS.

The Lost Child and Labyrinth of Refrain doing well with the map stuff. Yes, painting it yourself was a fun little idea, but it's not at the core of Etrian Odyssey/Persona Q. You could automap most stuff anyways. And add to that the placing of symbols and notes by the player, which could easily be achieved with controller.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Malt4zar said:
Have you played the first persona Q or any other Etrian Odyssey game before? If so, could you imagine having to pause the game to draw the dungeon map using a joystick on ps4 since you wouldn't be able to do so on the fly? Or with your fingers in the switch's portable mode?

Let's face it, the series was born and will surely die exclusively for the DS line of systems.

Did you play EO or PQ? Because - why would you want to pause the game for map-drawing?

In any case, you could also automap most stuff and games in the like of EO do that already, Labyrinth of Refrain and Lost Child for example.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

So you mean let all things related to the map - the most unique feature of this series - become automatic play? May as well let the whole game play itself and beat the final boss for you.

Sorry, my big draw for Etrian Odyssey never was the map-painting, that was just a little gimmick. EO is so much more than a map. And automap is already a thing for EO.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 22 October 2018

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

Automap already is a thing for EO for a long time now, in case you never noticed.But thats not even the point.You would still shape the map by putting walls, chests, points of interest, enemies, harvest spots, and so on.Something that is easily done by pressing a button that would bring up the map and then you would "draw" on it.

And as it was already said, map drawing is not the only big draw of the series.

Plus, Atlus already confirmed that they are making the next EO game, and that its not going to be made for the 3DS, which we can only conclude it will release on the Switch and/or PS4.It dosent get more official than that that EO can be made without a second screen in mind.

And I mean, you can stop playing the games if you like, if you feel like "the game will play by itself".I can safely say that I, and the rest of the fanbase(and hopefully new fans) will keep enjoying it.And who knows, the fresh takes that the series will need to have for this transition to work will make us enjoy it even more.

Mnementh said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Sorry, my big draw for Etrian Odyssey never was the map-painting, that was just a little gimmick. EO is so much more than a map. And automap is already a thing for EO.

Yeah, don't complain when the sales of this niche series reduce.