By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona Q2's existence just baffles me

Malt4zar said:
Have you played the first persona Q or any other Etrian Odyssey game before? If so, could you imagine having to pause the game to draw the dungeon map using a joystick on ps4 since you wouldn't be able to do so on the fly? Or with your fingers in the switch's portable mode?

Let's face it, the series was born and will surely die exclusively for the DS line of systems.

Labryinth of Refrain does that, and boy is it a Royal pain to constantly pause the game to bring up the map. The EO series was confirmed as coming to Switch in a teaser trailer last year. But I'm sure the guys at Atlus will take the map functionality out of it entirely. 

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:
Maybe the easier solution would be to bring Q2 to the Switch and later(or before) Persona 5?Makes more sense that way if the point is to expand the userbase.

Bring SMTIV,IVA,ST and V to ps4 in exchange, right?

I dont recognize all games you listed here, but as long as they are not exclusive because Nintendo funded them, sure.

Personally, i dont understand why Persona 5 is exclusive to PS as much as why SMT V is exclusive to Switch.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

JRPGfan said: 
HoangNhatAnh said:

Lmao Id love for SMT to return to the Sony side.

Why not make it multiplat?I think its clear enough that Atlus games would greatly benefit from being both on a Nintendo platform and on a Sony platform.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
JRPGfan said: 

Lmao Id love for SMT to return to the Sony side.

Why not make it multiplat?I think its clear enough that Atlus games would greatly benefit from being both on a Nintendo platform and on a Sony platform.

At the very least, I can see Persona going to Switch and PS4.  Switch is killing it in Japan as well as being successful world wide, so a Switch version of all JRPGs should be a no brainier.

The PS4 also has an established following so it also makes sense for them to go there still as well, but it will have far less Japanese exclusives as a whole moving forward.  I mean some are even going to X1 now, which offers the least in terms of sales for these games.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I dont recognize all games you listed here, but as long as they are not exclusive because Nintendo funded them, sure.

Personally, i dont understand why Persona 5 is exclusive to PS as much as why SMT V is exclusive to Switch.

Shin Megami Tensei IV, IV Apocalypse, and Strange Journey Redux, Devil Survivor 1-2 are all 3ds games. What if Persona 5 come to Switch and in exchange, all SMT games become ps4 exclusive?

Around the Network
Malt4zar said:
Have you played the first persona Q or any other Etrian Odyssey game before? If so, could you imagine having to pause the game to draw the dungeon map using a joystick on ps4 since you wouldn't be able to do so on the fly? Or with your fingers in the switch's portable mode?

Let's face it, the series was born and will surely die exclusively for the DS line of systems.

That's easily the worst part of the games imo, but supposedly that's the only thing that sets them apart from other dungeon crawlers (I wouldn't know...).

I hope Atlus at least considers starting a new dungeon crawler series in a similar vain for Switch.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

Shin Megami Tensei IV, IV Apocalypse, and Strange Journey Redux, Devil Survivor 1-2 are all 3ds games. What if Persona 5 come to Switch and in exchange, all SMT games become ps4 exclusive?

Why this what if scenario?As said before, Atlus games would benefit from being multiplatform, given that there is a significant RPG audience both in PS4 and Switch.Simple as that.

outlawauron said:
fleischr said:

Look at sales of JRPGs that released both on PS4 and Switch. The Switch SKU often equals or surpasses sales of PS4 SKU - even if its a late port (Disgaea 5, Yvs VIII).

Look at the explosive success of Octopath Traveler and the tidal wave of FF games Square's bringing to that platform now.

Look at the support Monolith Soft has given to the platform already. Xenoblade 2 itself is already near 2 million sold. 

We get Fire Emblem, Pokemon, SMTV, DQ11 and Town in the year ahead as well.

Overall, the JRPG market on Switch is clearly booming.

Disgaea 5 was a resounding success in the West. It completely bombed in Japan (20k PS4 vs 5k SW). Ys 8 hasn't surpassed PS4 yet, but it did have a better opening month in West (again, not the case in Japan where it did less than 1/4 of the PS4 version). 

Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade 2 were both very successful, but that's kinda where it ends. The Switch hasn't had the quantity of releases to claim any sort of great reputation as it doesn't have a better library than any competing console. There's a lot of reason to be optimistic, especially as Vita's market shifts more to Switch, but that potential hasn't quite been realized yet.

When having Switch and PS4 jrpg sales comparisons, the Vita should be included since a large proportion of people who are part of the combined PS4 /Vita game ecosystem, make the Vita first choice for  jrpgs for obvious reasons and that as an impact on the PS4.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Why this what if scenario?As said before, Atlus games would benefit from being multiplatform, given that there is a significant RPG audience both in PS4 and Switch.Simple as that.

This have been said since early ps3 era and 10 years later, look like everything go well as Atlus expect.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

This have been said since early ps3 era and 10 years later, look like everything go well as Atlus expect.

Didnt Atlus games do well both on Nintendo and Sony though?SMT and EO grew on Nintendo platforms, and Persona games, along with other minor releases from them, also grew on Sony platforms.I dont understand how you cannot grasp the simple equation of bigger fanbase(Sony + Nintendo combined) = bigger sales on any of their games.

Why are you trying to turn this into a console wars?