Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 4 physical sales down by 50% in the UK, lowest physical sales since Modern Warfare 11 years ago

Ayla said:
Digital is the future.

Physical is outdated at this point.

I haven't purchased anything physical for several years now.

Digital is more profitable too so even if overall sales are down profits could be up. Plus I'd imagine this game will make a lot from dlc and microtransactions

Around the Network
Ayla said:
Digital is the future.

A digital copy that you don't actually own and can't sell/trade? 

And Acti put in a 50 gig day 1 patch for physical owners to try and gimp players into buying it digital, scumbags. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 17 October 2018

KManX89 said:
Ayla said:
Digital is the future.

And scummy Acti put in a 50GB day 1 patch for the physical versions to try and gimp people into buying it digitally, fucking scumbags. 

Are you serious ???

makes sense since it is online only.

KManX89 said:
Ayla said:
Digital is the future.

And Acti put in a 50 gig day 1 patch for physical owners to try and gimp players into buying it digital, scumbags. 

I don't care about owning the physical product.

It just takes up space anyway.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
Ayla said:
Digital is the future.

I don't sell my games and don't play them after a few years so for me physical does not matter.

Trading/selling games is not nearly as common as some people seem to believe. I personally have never done it.

Pemalite said:
Bring back the campaign... And I will bring back my wallet.

That and lower the damn price. No mod support and private servers just lowers my interest in wanting it dramatically. 

If this says anything, it is that physical games are dwindling away by the day. I fully expect the PS5 and Xbox 2 to be the last consoles with a disk drive.

Digital is the future, face it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
If this says anything, it is that physical games are dwindling away by the day. I fully expect the PS5 and Xbox 2 to be the last consoles with a disk drive.

Digital is the future, face it.

I'll face it when internet providers decide to remove all data caps, console manufacturers give us consoles with big enough hard drives to go digital only from the get-go, and the price of digital games on consoles manage to be competitive and actually budge from the ludicrous asking prices. I can buy a retail PS4 game for £35-40 day one, or the same game for £50-55 digitally... the only advantage I have buying the digital copy is that I can preload it or something beforehand, but then that requires a decent enough internet with no limitations. 

Digital only may be the future, but I still see it being a distant future otherwise gaming is going to become a LOT more expensive.