By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will happen first? FFXVI Announcement or FFVII Remake Release

I don't think we'll even hear about FF16 for a few years. FF7 will probably be released over like 5 years. So FF16 will end up being a mid-PS5 release.

Around the Network

Fabula Nova christallis remake

Easily FF16 at this point.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

FFVII Remake...part 1 will release before XVI. I don't know about the other parts. FFVXI could possibly release between part 2 and 3 and then Nomura would probably try to tie in FFXVI and FFVII Remake with DLC for FFXVI and then that DLC will get delayed indefinitely until 2030 when it's revealed that the FFXVI FFVII R DLC has been transformed into FFXVII on PS7.

Ljink96 said:
FFVII Remake...part 1 will release before XVI. I don't know about the other parts. FFVXI could possibly release between part 2 and 3 and then Nomura would probably try to tie in FFXVI and FFVII Remake with DLC for FFXVI and then that DLC will get delayed indefinitely until 2030 when it's revealed that the FFXVI FFVII R DLC has been transformed into FFXVII on PS7.

I HIGHLY doubt Nomura will have anything to do with FFXVI.

Around the Network

Both of those events will take place way after our lifetimes, so who cares?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Keybladewielder said:
Ljink96 said:

I hope he doesn't. I mean, he has had his hands in FFXV and FFVII R, he'll probably want in on XVI as well. I don't want any more of Nomura's Final Fantasy if XV is anything to go by. 

Ljink96 said:
Keybladewielder said:

I hope he doesn't. I mean, he has had his hands in FFXV and FFVII R, he'll probably want in on XVI as well. I don't want any more of Nomura's Final Fantasy if XV is anything to go by. 

After what happened with FFXV, I'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with directing a FF game again.

Edit: Also, FFXV is how it is thanks to Tabata, not Nomura.

Keybladewielder said:
Ljink96 said:

After what happened with FFXV, I'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with directing a FF game again.

Edit: Also, FFXV is how it is thanks to Tabata, not Nomura.

Well, yeah Tabata took over the project, but it all started with Nomura. Both of them need to be relieved of director positions in my opinion. Tabata's track record aren't may favorite games from the series either. By the time Tabata took over and the 2013 demo was shown, the damage had already been done. And by damage, I mean the direction of the game. 

Announcing games is easy. Actually getting them ready to sell takes a lot of work. Square-Enix will take the easy route. FF16.