By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will happen first? FFXVI Announcement or FFVII Remake Release

Ljink96 said:
Keybladewielder said:

After what happened with FFXV, I'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with directing a FF game again.

Edit: Also, FFXV is how it is thanks to Tabata, not Nomura.

Well, yeah Tabata took over the project, but it all started with Nomura. Both of them need to be relieved of director positions in my opinion. Tabata's track record aren't may favorite games from the series either. By the time Tabata took over and the 2013 demo was shown, the damage had already been done. And by damage, I mean the direction of the game. 

Well, you don't like the whole concept of FFXV, so fortunately for you, Nomura most probably won't have anything to do with FFXVI outside of maybe monster designs or art stuff like that .

Around the Network

FFXVI will be a new MMORPG. please look forward to it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Keybladewielder said:
Ljink96 said:
FFVII Remake...part 1 will release before XVI. I don't know about the other parts. FFVXI could possibly release between part 2 and 3 and then Nomura would probably try to tie in FFXVI and FFVII Remake with DLC for FFXVI and then that DLC will get delayed indefinitely until 2030 when it's revealed that the FFXVI FFVII R DLC has been transformed into FFXVII on PS7.

I HIGHLY doubt Nomura will have anything to do with FFXVI.

I hope not.Nomura is the best director Square has, but he is an action oriented guy.FF should return to its turn based roots and for that they need someone else.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Keybladewielder said:
Ljink96 said:

I hope he doesn't. I mean, he has had his hands in FFXV and FFVII R, he'll probably want in on XVI as well. I don't want any more of Nomura's Final Fantasy if XV is anything to go by. 

After what happened with FFXV, I'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with directing a FF game again.

If you mean the fact that FFXV is a real and playable game, yes, that is thanks to Tabata.

If it was left to Nomura we'd be looking forward to Final Fantasy XV the musical in 2019(at best), and Kingdom Hearts III would be little more than some early development pictures.

Nautilus said:
Keybladewielder said:

I HIGHLY doubt Nomura will have anything to do with FFXVI.

I hope not.Nomura is the best director Square has, but he is an action oriented guy.FF should return to its turn based roots and for that they need someone else.

I think it'd be great if Hiroyuki ito worked on Final Fantasy XVI. It'd also be cool if they somehow could bring back Matsuno but I doubt he would want to be under the stress of working on a mainline title again.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Keybladewielder said:

If you mean the fact that FFXV is a real and playable game, yes, that is thanks to Tabata.

If it was left to Nomura we'd be looking forward to Final Fantasy XV the musical in 2019(at best), and Kingdom Hearts III would be little more than some early development pictures.

Ok

I feel atacked in this thread nnnnnn

Ljink96 said:

Well, yeah Tabata took over the project, but it all started with Nomura. Both of them need to be relieved of director positions in my opinion. Tabata's track record aren't may favorite games from the series either. By the time Tabata took over and the 2013 demo was shown, the damage had already been done. And by damage, I mean the direction of the game. 

Shaunodon said:

exaggerate much? Ask yourselves how many projects Nomura saved while working on FFXV. His entire team including himself was pulled away from FFXV to help develop the ffxiii trilogies, and the most important one of all, saving FFXIV. (FFXIV is now a smashing success btw)

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 14 October 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Keybladewielder said:
Ljink96 said:

Well, you don't like the whole concept of FFXV, so fortunately for you, Nomura most probably won't have anything to do with FFXVI outside of maybe monster designs or art stuff like that .

Yeah, he's a great character and monster designer and I hope he keeps doing that. I'm pulling for a series refresh for FFXVI. And don't feel attacked! You're good bro! I'm just having a discussion, no need to feel attacked my guy!

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 14 October 2018

deskpro2k3 said:
Ljink96 said:

Shaunodon said:

exaggerate much? Ask yourselves how many projects Nomura saved while working on FFXV. His entire team including himself was pulled away from FFXV to help develop the ffxiii trilogies, and the most important one of all, saving FFXIV. (FFXIV is now a smashing success btw)

That's great that FFXIV is a success...doesn't change the fact that I've never been a fan of Nomura's work besides his character designs. Don't like the FFXIII trilogies, don't even really like XIV or KH. But that's just me... telling me something is a success isn't going to change my personal feelings about any developer's work...

Ljink96 said:
Keybladewielder said:

Yeah, he's a great character and monster designer and I hope he keeps doing that. I'm pulling for a series refresh for FFXVI.

Kingdom Hearts is like his "child" to him so he'd prefer to continue directing those games while doing art stuff for FF .