By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega: Updated sales numbers for Persona, Yakuza, Hatsune Miku & more

outlawauron said:
I would have bet that EO numbers were twice that. Geez.

I wonder if that includes  the Etrian Dungeon games. If so yeah, 2 mil is fucking bad. 

They should probably move the series to mobile phones now ... if EON isn't the last one 

Around the Network

thought persona would have more sales, will be interesting how good will be the next entry

I'm surprised Persona hasn't passed Shin Megami already, will hold on to that happiness for the next couple of entries.

Wow from those numbers its a wonder how most of these series have not been canceled. Dev costs must be really low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

ARamdomGamer said:
I'm surprised Persona hasn't passed Shin Megami already, will hold on to that happiness for the next couple of entries.

Shin Megami Tensei V Switch Exclusive - 5 million copies incoming :cappa: 

Around the Network

Hold on, doesn't sega own valkyria chronicles? why no numbers?

Signalstar said:
Wow from those numbers its a wonder how most of these series have not been canceled. Dev costs must be really low.

When you maintain reasonable budgets and expectations, you can turn a profit off of 500k in sales. Mainline Yakuza games always hit that mark.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sonic close to one billion. Good for him!

JRPGfan said:

Man Persona deserves so much more sales than it has.... Its not really a hidden gem (feel like people know of it), but its something so few choose to experiance...

So true! Gameplay, Story, Characters, Features, the world, the wonderful dialogues - persona 4-5 are incredible. Persona 3 was awesome.

Bristow9091 said:
JRPGfan said:

Man Persona deserves so much more sales than it has.... Its not really a hidden gem (feel like people know of it), but its something so few choose to experiance...

Crazy that Persona + SMT is only 22m.

Etrian numbers hurt too abit... even though there I didnt expect much.

Honestly I think the reason both the Persona and Yakuza series' aren't as big in the west* is because so many people are scared to play them because the games are so... Japanese, if that makes sense, lol.

*Apparently sales of the Yakuza franchise ARE growing in the west, not sure if the same is correct for Persona but I can only assume with the high scores and great word of mouth they get people are jumping into the series too. They're two franchises I feel should be selling at least double their current numbers per game.

Yakuza Zero has won many newcomers :) Yakuza and Persona are impressive games and are among my favorite games of all time. I love games that have an impressive story with fantastic gameplay and lots of interesting characters.

Sega needs to spend more on advertising for all future Persona games.

I'm sure nobody knows what Persona is outside of the gaming community.