By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We're looking at the Switch too narrowly

Super Mario Party's gameplay makes it most suited for TV mode, yet does not allow people to use the pro-controller or both joycons. because of this dumb restriction, you CANT play the game in handheld mode. thats the problem, the controls make no sense.

Around the Network

Because somebody wants to use a Pro controller for this game, it follows that they're thinking about the Switch to narrowly? That doesn't make sense to me.

In any case, people can, will, and should complain anytime a company does something that they don't like. That's how they learn what their customers want.

Yerm said:
Super Mario Party's gameplay makes it most suited for TV mode, yet does not allow people to use the pro-controller or both joycons. because of this dumb restriction, you CANT play the game in handheld mode. thats the problem, the controls make no sense.

Why would you want to play it in handheld mode? This is a game meant to be played with a group of friends at home or a coffee shop. It makes no sense to support a mode most people wont use for this type of game.

VAMatt said:
Because somebody wants to use a Pro controller for this game, it follows that they're thinking about the Switch to narrowly? That doesn't make sense to me.

In any case, people can, will, and should complain anytime a company does something that they don't like. That's how they learn what their customers want.

Yes, but only if its a unanimously agreed complaint. Not a nitpick from a vocal minority. Companies care about majority consensus, and majority consensus states there isn't much of a problem with no Pro Controller support in Super Mario Party. People on internet forums forget how much of a bubble they can live in compared to the actual gaming market. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
VAMatt said:

Yes, but only if its a unanimously agreed complaint. Not a nitpick from a vocal minority. Companies care about majority consensus, and majority consensus states there isn't much of a problem with no Pro Controller support in Super Mario Party. People on internet forums forget how much of a bubble they can live in compared to the actual gaming market. 

How can something become a unanimously agreed complaint if people don't start complaining in the first place? You're telling me I should only let my opinions and grievances be heard after I've made sure plenty of others are doing the same?

This is not a case of gamers living in a forum bubble. These are legitimate complaints.

Sorry,  but I share ALA's sentiments. You are arguing your points very poorly.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Dulfite said:
*Awkwardly hides in the corner hoping no one notices that he has never played any Final Fantasy game*
*Goes back to looking at 2018 Senate polling data*

: D wrong thread 

Wow I ... Lol was looking at two threads and got them mixed...

Around the Network

What was the issue with SMP?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

TheMisterManGuy said:
Yerm said:

Why would you want to play it in handheld mode? This is a game meant to be played with a group of friends at home or a coffee shop. It makes no sense to support a mode most people wont use for this type of game.

VAMatt said:

You should stop arguing unarguable points and start a new thread so we can discuss the pros and cons of Switch controller options (or lack thereof). 

Options are for the weak. Real gamers play how their console overlord tells them to play.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Dulfite said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

: D wrong thread 

What thread were you in exactly?

Wyrdness said:
Dulfite said:

What thread were you in exactly?

The one asking which Final Fantasy game is everyone's favorite lol