By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - October 2018 Nintendo Sales update predictions thread

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

It was in July that we got the updates for June's numbers, and three months from July is October. 

Meaning we'll get an update on sales numbers then, and allow us to see how things have been doing. So, what should we see?

(Note that third party colabs like Hyrule Def. aren't as likely to be mentioned as first party titles like Mario Party, but we could get Octopath data. Tis hard to say given that it was published by Nintendo in the west...)

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I am confused. If the numbers were reported on July 1st for June 30th, and tbey give numbers every 3 months, shouldn't they have released numbers October 1st?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I am confused. If the numbers were reported on July 1st for June 30th, and tbey give numbers every 3 months, shouldn't they have released numbers October 1st?

Nintendo always gives numbers the end of the month, it was july 31st they gave numbers last so it’s October 31st they give them this time. 

The three month earnings release (April-June) was July 31st not July 1st, six months earning release (July-September) is October 30th 3 months later.

RetroGamer94 said:

Nintendo always gives numbers the end of the month, it was july 31st they gave numbers last so it’s October 31st they give them this time. 

Ooh ok, thanks. Anyways, for September 30th probably an increase of hardware shipmemts by about 3 Million?

Around the Network

I'm interested in hearing the number of online subscribers

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Hardware:
Switch - 22.50 million
3DS - 73.70 million

Software - Switch:
Super Mario Odyssey - 12 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 11.75 million
Breath of the Wild - 10.15 million
Splatoon 2 - 7.30 million
1-2-Switch - 2.6 million
Kirby Star Allies - 2.15 million
ARMS - 2.14 million
Mario Tennis Aces - 2.10 million
DKC: Tropical Freeze - 1.75 million
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.5 million

Mario Party will be on it somewhere, but where it will land is the question.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:

Super Mario Party didn't release in the within the FY 2018 six months earning release window which ends September 30th. It's sales won't be listed in the financial data. 

KrspaceT said:

They might mention that it's off to a good start but it released 5 days after the Q2 period ended.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.