By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to allow PSN ID name change

PwerlvlAmy said:
Apparently this isnt for all games if I read correctly?

It's what the article on the OP says. That's why they're doing a beta for.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
COKTOE said:

I am COKTOE.

The real question is: what about TOECOK!?

What about it?

Good. My name is X BR GUY which is an outdated Halo reference I made because I used to belong to a clan. Kind of a gross name. Want to change it to some form of my name here.

Mr_No said:
VAMatt said:
Charging for this is pretty scummy, if you ask me, at least for PSplus subscribers. We're already paying for the service. It is also pretty sad that people had to complain for years to get this to happen.

The first PSN ID change is free of charge, it's the subsequent ones that cost money.

Why shouldn't you be able to change it every day, for free?  Sony is not providing any service here, they're just milking gamers.  

And, hey, if they can make a buck this way, I guess that's good for them.  It just rubs me the wrong way.  

VAMatt said:
Mr_No said:

The first PSN ID change is free of charge, it's the subsequent ones that cost money.

Why shouldn't you be able to change it every day, for free?  Sony is not providing any service here, they're just milking gamers.  

And, hey, if they can make a buck this way, I guess that's good for them.  It just rubs me the wrong way.  

I would imagine PS thinks quite differently about it.

Why do they want or need to change their username in the first place? Ok, well people make mistakes and bad decisions, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It'll be quite a bit of extra work, but everyone deserves a second chance right?

Wait, what? They screwed it up again and want to change a third time? Maybe what they need is a little incentive to think harder and make a better long term decision. $5 to $10 fun coupons should do it. For the one's who don't learn or don't care, at least they'll help pay off the cost to make this happen in the first place.

Well would you look at that, everyone wins. Good job everybody! Now where do we stand with BC...?

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
vivster said:
So they've finally figured out how databases work. Congrats.

Considering the restrictions, I'm not so sure about that.

Greed is not a database protocol, though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Its a good move, the option wont be used by everyone but its a great feature to have. More options the better.

If one of my desired names is available, I'll be changing mine. Sure 12 years of the same thing and all that but when you put mine into google, I come up because it's so unique and I used it for other things too. I want something that is unique but also not easily googlable.

Hmm, pie.

Finally wanted to change my name for years

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

EricHiggin said:
VAMatt said:

I would imagine PS thinks quite differently about it.

Why do they want or need to change their username in the first place? Ok, well people make mistakes and bad decisions, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It'll be quite a bit of extra work, but everyone deserves a second chance right?

Wait, what? They screwed it up again and want to change a third time? Maybe what they need is a little incentive to think harder and make a better long term decision. $5 to $10 fun coupons should do it. For the one's who don't learn or don't care, at least they'll help pay off the cost to make this happen in the first place.

Well would you look at that, everyone wins. Good job everybody! Now where do we stand with BC...?

It is not clear to me that there is any significant work done by Sony. If I'm wrong about that, then I guess a nominal fee is a bit more reasonable. But, I can't get my head around how a PSN ID or Xbox gamertag change causes Sony or Microsoft any noticeable work or expense.