By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mZuzek said:
Nautilus said:

One thing that should change is for the vote to not be compulsory.People that dont feel like voting, or just votes because they need to but have no idea on who to vote should have the choice to simply not be forced to do it.Hopefully thats something that will change.

I used to agree, but if that was the case, Bolsonaro would have been elected already, since he has so many diehard followers while all the other people were undecided between the other candidates. Instead, I think the votes should be weighted based on scholarity - say, they're worth 50% more if you've finished superior education, and 50% less if you haven't finished high school; and if you haven't finished elementary school, you're not allowed to vote at all. It's a little bit of an "unfair" approach, because it can leave many people out, but if our country was any decent, mostly everyone should have finished high school anyway.

Hmmmmmmm.... We have actually come to an agreement on something!

I do think, like you said, it would fall a bit on the "unfair" side, but it would make the act of voting something more of an counciouss decision.I do still think that by making the decision to vote non compulsory, we would reach a better equilibrium, but your sugestion is not so bad.The only thing I would change is that instead of making the ones that have a higher education have a higher vote, make the ones that have finished at least high school have their votes be more meaningful, and the ones that didnt be 50% less impactful.I feel like your initial suggestion would be too limiting, because even in developed countries the number of people that undertake superir educations are rather small, and that system would make voting a bit too elitist.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
sundin13 said:

I think it will take a lot more to actually prove that he actually has any respect for homosexuals than a couple of throwaway PR remarks.

That said, do you have any links to these comments you are referencing?

Its at least worth a try.As I have already said, at the very worst, he brings something new to the table that might, since its impossible to be 100% certain of something, work.Haddad dont.

As for the source, its around the 7 minutes mark on the video(In portuguese).Refers mostly about the allegations of being homophobic, hating woman, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YnLFUiGF-I

Do you have any text links? But again, this seems to be him defending himself. Of course he would say that he isn't homophobic. His platform on the other hand seems like it may be harmful to LGBT rights.

sundin13 said:
Nautilus said:

Its at least worth a try.As I have already said, at the very worst, he brings something new to the table that might, since its impossible to be 100% certain of something, work.Haddad dont.

As for the source, its around the 7 minutes mark on the video(In portuguese).Refers mostly about the allegations of being homophobic, hating woman, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YnLFUiGF-I

Do you have any text links? But again, this seems to be him defending himself. Of course he would say that he isn't homophobic. His platform on the other hand seems like it may be harmful to LGBT rights.

A text link?On the top of my head, no I dont think I do have one.Though if you look around enough, you will probably find one.

And I mean, of course.Any kind of declarition he makes about himself, or if any of his allies makes about him, may always be interpreted as he trying to put up a good face to win votes.The same can be said about the opposition, that they will always talk trash about the other in order to make him/her look bad and gain votes themselves.Whats important is to look at both sides of the arguments and draw a conclusion from that, to reach the best concenssus possible about what he/she is defending and what are his/her values.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
sundin13 said:

A text link?On the top of my head, no I dont think I do have one.Though if you look around enough, you will probably find one.

And I mean, of course.Any kind of declarition he makes about himself, or if any of his allies makes about him, may always be interpreted as he trying to put up a good face to win votes.The same can be said about the opposition, that they will always talk trash about the other in order to make him/her look bad and gain votes themselves.Whats important is to look at both sides of the arguments and draw a conclusion from that, to reach the best concenssus possible about what he/she is defending and what are his/her values.

While that is true, it is worth nothing again that the things that have been said to make him look bad aren't just words by the opposition, they are his own words and they make him look very bad.

sundin13 said:
Nautilus said:

While that is true, it is worth nothing again that the things that have been said to make him look bad aren't just words by the opposition, they are his own words and they make him look very bad.

Even if I dont agree with you on this point, the same can be said about the opposition, which said far worse things.(all of them already detailed on my summary post back at the beginning of the thread)

Around the Network

The current party isn't really leftist though, it's more like the USA's Clintonian Third Way centrism, a kind of neoliberalism. Such administrations all seem to end up corrupt, but Brazil seems to have a special problem with it. I didn't realize the fascist was this close to winning though. What a shame, Brazil had corruption and violence issues but it had so much promise, now it'll be just another force dragging the world down with it as it collapses. Do you have any citizenships besides Brazilian? I think I saw you say you were Argentine. Are they in any better shape? Could you flee there?

Nautilus said:
sundin13 said:

Even if I dont agree with you on this point, the same can be said about the opposition, which said far worse things.(all of them already detailed on my summary post back at the beginning of the thread)

I don't plan to defend the opposition. Honestly, I think you have two awful choices, but I don't really think that is any defense of Bolsonaro...

Every country on planet Earth, literally every single one, has terrible government. The best way to deal with that is simply to ignore government and avoid interacting with the state as much as possible.

On a specific point you mentioned it though, that the guy is a fascist while also saying that he wants to legalize guns - that doesn't jibe. In fact, wanting to extend a basic human freedom to people is the opposite of what fascists generally do. This leads me to think that either you are mistaken about how much of a fascist this guy is, or that you don't understand fascism. Scumbags do not want an armed populace, as armed people are much harder to control. And, by definition, fascists are scumbags.

with all of that said, if you are correct about everything, you better head right out and buy some Weaponry so that you'll be prepared if things in Brazil get too bad.

sundin13 said:
Nautilus said:

I don't plan to defend the opposition. Honestly, I think you have two awful choices, but I don't really think that is any defense of Bolsonaro...

Its more of an observation than anything else.

If you didn't want Bolsonaro to rise to power, then you shouldn't have put garbage like Luis De Silva or Rousseff into power.

Brazil is trying its best to beat out South Africa for murder capital of the world. Its also in the throes of a recession thanks to policies made by labor parties.

Guess what's going to happen when people get tired of such business and politics? The tide turns. Its the same thing that brings in people like Trump, or Chavez for that matter. Its much easier to point fingers at "The bad man" rather than what causes strongmen candidates with questionable views into power.

I think, though, the hilarious part is that you think that him liberalizing gun laws is a bad thing. You're already the murder capital of the world. You have 50% more murders than the runner-up which has a billion people. Even America looks peaceful compared to Brazil. Maybe the commoner should have a chance to defend themselves? I imagine that some of Bolsonaro's policies are going to deter crime - although I do worry about his LGBT record, which may not be good.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.