By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - the reason why republicans want kavanaugh

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

That's funny, I looked up states have a voter ID or deemed the most strict. It turns out some of those states have the highest voter turnouts in the country. By your logic, it should be the other way around.

I don't buy the argument that acquiring ID is a huge burden for voting and some states deemed strict actually have high voter turnouts. Dems like to boast their voters are so educated, they should be able to figure out how to get an ID.

I'm lost on what you're saying about gerrymandering. That affects who gets elected in those districts.

I was talking about Texas and their voting procedures to give you an idea of how they work, because I thought you didn't know.

So back to the question. How do you expect the vote turnout to not be different if the distracts is gerrymandered against minorities?

Let me explain something just to make sure we're on the same page...

Voter turnout means the number or percentage of people that actually came out to vote. Hence, I'm pointing out states with strict voting laws surprisingly have higher voter turnouts than some states considered not strict. Dems argue voter ID lowers voter turnout, but clearly there are other factors like lack of interest.

There really isn't a significant link (if at all) between voter turnout and gerrymandering. Gerrymandering affects who is elected in districts.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

this is a legal battle raging on for 7 years, and texas has some of the strictest voting rules, such as the voting ID. How do you expect the vote turnout to not be massively different if the distracts is gerrymandered against minorities?

That's funny, I looked up states have a voter ID or deemed the most strict. It turns out some of those states have the highest voter turnouts in the country. By your logic, it should be the other way around.

I don't buy the argument that acquiring ID is a huge burden for voting and some states deemed strict actually have high voter turnouts. Dems like to boast their voters are so educated, they should be able to figure out how to get an ID.

I'm lost on what you're saying about gerrymandering. That affects who gets elected in those districts.

I find this conflict over requiring voter ID weird, pretty obvious that if you are going to do something so important you should have something that confirm it's you. Were i am from you ain't voting without and ID

The Republicans stuck with Kavanaugh because they didn't want to set a precedent and drop him due to allegations that couldn't be proven.

Also the reason Texas is red whereas California is blue even though they have similar demographics is because the conservatives in Texas outnumber the liberals.

thismeintiel said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

And his "actual" track record now includes liar under oath. That isn't a fabrication I made, lol. He did lie. That is part of his track record. It is odd to pretend like none of this matters. It is like going to a job interview with a Swastika tattoo but saying that it is not part of your track record. That might be too far because all he's shown is that he is an irrational hot head and also a liar. But obviously that is very much a part of the hiring process. 

Only to the Left, minus more sensible Dems like Manchin, is that on his record.  You have no proof he lied, yet continue to perpetuate that falsehood.

Actually several of his college fri nds have said he lied under oath in relation to what he said about his drinking habits in college. Of course, I think a lot of peopel do that in college, as did I at uni - and they tend to stop after they graduate, again as I did. The drinking isn't the thing they're pulling him up on, but that's he's lied about it - see below.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-02/classmate-says-kavanaugh-lied-under-oath-about-drinking/10326394

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/05/brett-kavanaugh-lies-supreme-court-disqualify-any-office

Also, you've then hypocritically claimed Ford is lying. Lacking proof that someone is telling the truth does not mean they are lying, and you've given no proof to say she is making it up.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
thismeintiel said:

Only to the Left, minus more sensible Dems like Manchin, is that on his record.  You have no proof he lied, yet continue to perpetuate that falsehood.

Actually several of his college fri nds have said he lied under oath in relation to what he said about his drinking habits in college. Of course, I think a lot of peopel do that in college, as did I at uni - and they tend to stop after they graduate, again as I did. The drinking isn't the thing they're pulling him up on, but that's he's lied about it - see below.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-02/classmate-says-kavanaugh-lied-under-oath-about-drinking/10326394

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/05/brett-kavanaugh-lies-supreme-court-disqualify-any-office

Also, you've then hypocritically claimed Ford is lying. Lacking proof that someone is telling the truth does not mean they are lying, and you've given no proof to say she is making it up.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/10/ex-boyfriend-christine-blasey-ford-polygraph.html

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I was talking about Texas and their voting procedures to give you an idea of how they work, because I thought you didn't know.

So back to the question. How do you expect the vote turnout to not be different if the districts is gerrymandered against minorities?

Voter turnout means the number or percentage of people that actually came out to vote. Hence, I'm pointing out states with strict voting laws surprisingly have higher voter turnouts than some states considered not strict. Dems argue voter ID lowers voter turnout, but clearly there are other factors like lack of interest.

There really isn't a significant link (if at all) between voter turnout and gerrymandering. Gerrymandering affects who is elected in districts.

I'm talking about gerrymandering, the same thing you just said in your last sentence. I asked how do you expect the vote turnout, to not be massively different if the districts is gerrymandered against minorities?

What I should've said was: how do you expect the vote (to) turnout, not different if the districts is gerrymandered against minorities.

I'm on a mobile phone. text is horrible.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 09 October 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm talking about gerrymandering, the same thing you just said in your last sentence. I asked how do you expect the vote turnout, to not be massively different if the districts is gerrymandered against minorities?

What I should've said was: how do you expect the vote (to) turnout, not different if the districts is gerrymandered against minorities.

I'm on a mobile phone. text is horrible.

Well I said "voter turnout", that should have clarified I didn't mean turn out as in result.

Either way, not really relevant to the point I was making.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

SecondWar said:
thismeintiel said:

Again, arguing semantics and delving even more into he said, she said. There is no proof. And, more importantly, there are many that back his story, as well. You can't cherry pick. 

As for Ford, there are two instances we could 100% prove that she lied. About this incident traumatizing her so badly, she was afraid to fly because it was a confined space. She scrubbed her social media profiles before coming out. If the Committee requested those scrubbed accounts, we would most likely see posts about her being excited to fly to X. Someone that traumatized would not make flying a normal part of their life. We also know from building records that she lied about when and why she put a 2nd door on her house. It wasn't to have another escape route, but to rent out that part of the house. 

It may also be to prove she lied about prepping someone for a polygraph test. Of course, that would probably be more he said, she said, unless they could prove she owned or rented one at that time or photographic evidence, so most likely not worth pursuing.

melbye said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I find this conflict over requiring voter ID weird, pretty obvious that if you are going to do something so important you should have something that confirm it's you. Were i am from you ain't voting without and ID

That's an excellent point I never considered like that.

I mean voter fraud is a pretty serious crime, so why bother getting IDs involved?

Recently Completed