By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - the reason why republicans want kavanaugh

PwerlvlAmy said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

All that was shown was that there wasn't enough evidence for this to be worth anyones time - yet Kav's own actions made him look like a terrible choice. Just stopping it as "ohhh yeah he was prolly innocent so gud" is disconcerting, particularly because what made him look bad wasn't the dems but himself. It is just such a sad conclusion to come to because it is stopping the process of critical thinking before it is truly done. Is a liar who we want for a nominee? Sorry, maybe I had one too many Devils Triangles. 

Once again I go by his actual track record and his history and its one I approve of.  That's all I needed. He will be a good justice, I'm looking forward to it. 

And his "actual" track record now includes liar under oath. That isn't a fabrication I made, lol. He did lie. That is part of his track record. It is odd to pretend like none of this matters. It is like going to a job interview with a Swastika tattoo but saying that it is not part of your track record. That might be too far because all he's shown is that he is an irrational hot head and also a liar. But obviously that is very much a part of the hiring process. 

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Texas has very similar demographics to California, but one reason Texas is red and California is blue is because in California every citizen is able to vote. A federal court has ruled seven times that Texas Republicans drew their congressional districts with racial discriminatory intent, but the federal court in Texas won't have the final say on this. That's where the Supreme Court comes in and they'll have the final say, and that's why Republicans are so desperately wanting to get Kavanaugh confirmed.

The more Justices republicans get to pick, the more those justices gets to protect unlimited campaign spending, and voter suppression laws which helps more republicans get elected.

Seems like a lot of assumptions are being made. You seem to think same demographics equates to the same political views. Vote turnout is not massively different between the states. Frankly, Texas is somewhere in the center compared to how wildly left wing CA is.

Also, democrats seem to benefit from greatly from unlimited spending. Hillary's campaign spent double what Trump had. Democrats outspending republicans is not unusual.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

PwerlvlAmy said:

Once again I go by his actual track record and his history and its one I approve of.  That's all I needed. He will be a good justice, I'm looking forward to it. 

And his "actual" track record now includes liar under oath. That isn't a fabrication I made, lol. He did lie. That is part of his track record. It is odd to pretend like none of this matters. It is like going to a job interview with a Swastika tattoo but saying that it is not part of your track record. That might be too far because all he's shown is that he is an irrational hot head and also a liar. But obviously that is very much a part of the hiring process. 

You're free to believe what you want to believe. That's fine with me. I'm at peace and concrete in my belief that alls well that ends well.  But of course I also don't believe  what the OP is making out either. A little bit of sensationalism and assumptions being made like Puggsly stated.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

cycycychris said:
thismeintiel said:
Another "innocent until proven guilty" win. Good. Looks like the country is headed in the right direction.

Thread warning!!!

post this is are totally unneeded in a thread like this and are nothing but bait. If you want to gloat about his win we already have a thread that full of it. But this thread will not be another gloat thread. The OP is clear about what this thread is about, this thread is about voter suppression laws/gerrymandering and Kav's potential to affect them. Stay on topic!

Gloating?  That has little to do with Kavanaugh's win, and more to do with the fact that the Supreme Court just said that Texas was "innocent until proven guilty."  Something we should ALL celebrate.  What a strange world some want us to live in.

PwerlvlAmy said:

Do we have any proof he isn't a Nazi though?

I'm more concerned about that now.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Kavanaugh was chosen because he fits the agenda of the current administration, there are no big underlying reasons here

PwerlvlAmy said:

Only to the Left, minus more sensible Dems like Manchin, is that on his record.  You have no proof he lied, yet continue to perpetuate that falsehood.  Interesting how you guys want to argue semantics to make it seem like he lied, usually falsely saying that he stated he was a choir boy, when he didn't, but don't want to put any scrutiny on the person who 100% lied under oath.  Ford.  Who gets a pass on getting emotional, even without a single shred of proof to back up her story, while you guys bash Kavanaugh for being human.

I don't know if it's just that you guys don't care or are just unaware, but continuing to lob such hatred at a man who has not had any credible evidence brought against him is going to hurt you in the mid-terms.  You guys are already starting to slide in the polls.  You might want to stop while you are still ahead.

Kavanaugh equals Pro women. Just check his record.

PwerlvlAmy said:

You're free to believe what you want to believe. That's fine with me. I'm at peace and concrete in my belief that alls well that ends well.  But of course I also don't believe  what the OP is making out either. A little bit of sensationalism and assumptions being made like Puggsly stated.

I must admit I am a little disappointed in the fact that your entire thing to fall back on is just you not talking about it because you are at peace. I think compared to most I am a lot more fair to Kav. I think Kav made the right call by being emotional, as being formal seems fake in the face of allegations. I thought there was not a lot of substantial evidence and that the investigation would find little. I wasn't even suspicious for a second (just too many allegations these days) until he opened his own damn mouth. 

Not wanting to have a real discussion with conflicting opinions (which is another problem Kav may have) because you are "at peace" is concerning. But you are free to do it. 

By the way, it's not really even up for debate if Kav lied. It is not something I "believe". 

PwerlvlAmy said:

I must admit I am a little disappointed in the fact that your entire thing to fall back on is just you not talking about it because you are at peace. I think compared to most I am a lot more fair to Kav. I think Kav made the right call by being emotional, as being formal seems fake in the face of allegations. I thought there was not a lot of substantial evidence and that the investigation would find little. I wasn't even suspicious for a second (just too many allegations these days) until he opened his own damn mouth. 

Not wanting to have a real discussion with conflicting opinions (which is another problem Kav may have) because you are "at peace" is concerning. But you are free to do it. 

By the way, it's not really even up for debate if Kav lied. It is not something I "believe". 

You obviously want to fight, but sorry, that's not my M.O. 

I've said my piece on the matter :)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick