By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - the reason why republicans want kavanaugh

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

You're free to believe what you want to believe. That's fine with me. I'm at peace and concrete in my belief that alls well that ends well.  But of course I also don't believe  what the OP is making out either. A little bit of sensationalism and assumptions being made like Puggsly stated.

I must admit I am a little disappointed in the fact that your entire thing to fall back on is just you not talking about it because you are at peace. I think compared to most I am a lot more fair to Kav. I think Kav made the right call by being emotional, as being formal seems fake in the face of allegations. I thought there was not a lot of substantial evidence and that the investigation would find little. I wasn't even suspicious for a second (just too many allegations these days) until he opened his own damn mouth. 

Not wanting to have a real discussion with conflicting opinions (which is another problem Kav may have) because you are "at peace" is concerning. But you are free to do it. 

By the way, it's not really even up for debate if Kav lied. It is not something I "believe". 

You obviously want to fight, but sorry, that's not my M.O. 

I've said my piece on the matter :)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

And his "actual" track record now includes liar under oath. That isn't a fabrication I made, lol. He did lie. That is part of his track record. It is odd to pretend like none of this matters. It is like going to a job interview with a Swastika tattoo but saying that it is not part of your track record. That might be too far because all he's shown is that he is an irrational hot head and also a liar. But obviously that is very much a part of the hiring process. 

Only to the Left, minus more sensible Dems like Manchin, is that on his record.  You have no proof he lied, yet continue to perpetuate that falsehood.  Interesting how you guys want to argue semantics to make it seem like he lied, usually falsely saying that he stated he was a choir boy, when he didn't, but don't want to put any scrutiny on the person who 100% lied under oath.  Ford.  Who gets a pass on getting emotional, even without a single shred of proof to back up her story, while you guys bash Kavanaugh for being human.

I don't know if it's just that you guys don't care or are just unaware, but continuing to lob such hatred at a man who has not had any credible evidence brought against him is going to hurt you in the mid-terms.  You guys are already starting to slide in the polls.  You might want to stop while you are still ahead.

Wait .. you are telling ME to stop while I'm ahead? I literally am not characterized by any of what you just said. Lmao. In fact I was writing a reply to Amy discrediting most of what you said without even knowing you said it. Haha  

PwerlvlAmy said:

I must admit I am a little disappointed in the fact that your entire thing to fall back on is just you not talking about it because you are at peace. I think compared to most I am a lot more fair to Kav. I think Kav made the right call by being emotional, as being formal seems fake in the face of allegations. I thought there was not a lot of substantial evidence and that the investigation would find little. I wasn't even suspicious for a second (just too many allegations these days) until he opened his own damn mouth. 

Not wanting to have a real discussion with conflicting opinions (which is another problem Kav may have) because you are "at peace" is concerning. But you are free to do it. 

By the way, it's not really even up for debate if Kav lied. It is not something I "believe". 

You obviously want to fight, but sorry, that's not my M.O. 

I've said my piece on the matter :)

It's honestly odd that the reply where I actually give Kavanaugh an inch and explain that I don't agree with many of the criticisms against him (which already shows an ability to have a nuanced conversation about a very controversial political topic) is the one where you decided to just reply with a character judgement, that I just "obviously want to fight". Seems in poor taste honestly (also a little ironic because that perfectly describes thismeintiel's post against me) . Again it is perfectly fine to say you just don't want to discuss it, I have already said that. But the answer is not that I'm just looking to fight, because you seem reasonable from what I've seen and I expected to gain a level of understanding from your perspective, the answer is that you just don't want a discussion. That's fine, just underwhelming. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 08 October 2018

thismeintiel said:

Only to the Left, minus more sensible Dems like Manchin, is that on his record.  You have no proof he lied, yet continue to perpetuate that falsehood.  Interesting how you guys want to argue semantics to make it seem like he lied, usually falsely saying that he stated he was a choir boy, when he didn't, but don't want to put any scrutiny on the person who 100% lied under oath.  Ford.  Who gets a pass on getting emotional, even without a single shred of proof to back up her story, while you guys bash Kavanaugh for being human.

I don't know if it's just that you guys don't care or are just unaware, but continuing to lob such hatred at a man who has not had any credible evidence brought against him is going to hurt you in the mid-terms.  You guys are already starting to slide in the polls.  You might want to stop while you are still ahead.

Wait .. you are telling ME to stop while I'm ahead? I literally am not characterized by any of what you just said. Lmao. In fact I was writing a reply to Amy discrediting most of what you said without even knowing you said it. Haha  

Except you discredited nothing.  You continue to push the false narrative that he lied, which has been refuted several times in the other threads.  All your side of the issue has now is arguing semantics to make it seem like he lied.  It's not going to work, just like the accusations didn't work.  Or the calls that he was too human during his hearing.  It's time to move on and look towards the mid-terms if you want any change.  But, if the Left is going to continue to hate this man.  Promise they will rip the country apart more with promises of impeachment with no other reason than they don't like the guy(s).  Screee outside of the Supreme Court doors, while promising no peace.  They are doing more harm to themselves in the eyes of the general public than they think. 

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Texas has very similar demographics to California, but one reason Texas is red and California is blue is because in California every citizen is able to vote. A federal court has ruled seven times that Texas Republicans drew their congressional districts with racial discriminatory intent, but the federal court in Texas won't have the final say on this. That's where the Supreme Court comes in and they'll have the final say, and that's why Republicans are so desperately wanting to get Kavanaugh confirmed.

The more Justices republicans get to pick, the more those justices gets to protect unlimited campaign spending, and voter suppression laws which helps more republicans get elected.

Seems like a lot of assumptions are being made. You seem to think same demographics equates to the same political views. Vote turnout is not massively different between the states. Frankly, Texas is somewhere in the center compared to how wildly left wing CA is.

this is a legal battle raging on for 7 years, and texas has some of the strictest voting rules, such as the voting ID. How do you expect the vote turnout to not be massively different if the distracts is gerrymandered against minorities?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Except you discredited nothing.  You continue to push the false narrative that he lied, which has been refuted several times in the other threads.  All your side of the issue has now is arguing semantics to make it seem like he lied.  It's not going to work, just like the accusations didn't work.  Or the calls that he was too human during his hearing.  It's time to move on and look towards the mid-terms if you want any change.  But, if the Left is going to continue to hate this man.  Promise they will rip the country apart more with promises of impeachment with no other reason than they don't like the guy(s).  Screee outside of the Supreme Court doors, while promising no peace.  They are doing more harm to themselves in the eyes of the general public than they think. 

I really have nothing to gain from you because, unlike me who was falsely accused of doing so, it is very very very obvious that you just look to fight. That's all you've done on the other threads and that's all you'll do in this one. 

I don't even hate Kavanaugh lol ... just don't think he's qualified. 

thismeintiel said:

I really have nothing to gain from you because, unlike me who was falsely accused of doing so, it is very very very obvious that you just look to fight. That's all you've done on the other threads and that's all you'll do in this one. 

"I don't even hate Kavanaugh lol ... just don't think he's qualified"

he has the relevant qualifications and experience, what do you mean?

thismeintiel said:

More accurately, I would say you don't really have any facts to support your side.  It's all based on emotion.  But, that's fine.  To each their own.  Have a nice night.

thismeintiel said:

More accurately, I would say you don't really have any facts to support your side.  It's all based on emotion.  But, that's fine.  To each their own.  Have a nice night.

You say that but you quite literally started your reply chain by arguing against stances I didn't have because you assumed things about me due to a difference in opinion. I think even you can admit that is the definition of an emotional response. Not based on the facts of what I've said but just on assumption. 

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Seems like a lot of assumptions are being made. You seem to think same demographics equates to the same political views. Vote turnout is not massively different between the states. Frankly, Texas is somewhere in the center compared to how wildly left wing CA is.

this is a legal battle raging on for 7 years, and texas has some of the strictest voting rules, such as the voting ID. How do you expect the vote turnout to not be massively different if the distracts is gerrymandered against minorities?

That's funny, I looked up states have a voter ID or deemed the most strict. It turns out some of those states have the highest voter turnouts in the country. By your logic, it should be the other way around.

I don't buy the argument that acquiring ID is a huge burden for voting and some states deemed strict actually have high voter turnouts. Dems like to boast their voters are so educated, they should be able to figure out how to get an ID.

I'm lost on what you're saying about gerrymandering. That affects who gets elected in those districts.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)