By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Own a VR Device?

Do You Own a VR Device?

Yes, and it's awesome 168 13.05%

Yes, it's alright 84 6.53%

Yes, but I regret it 43 3.34%

No, but I really want one 143 11.11%

No, but I'm considering it 243 18.88%

No, not interested at all 606 47.09%

Total:1,287

I only have PSVR, It's been collecting dust for awhile until Knockout League and Astro Bot released.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I do own one and it's awesome!

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

shikamaru317 said:
I have no interest in gen 1 VR. Maybe by gen 3 it will be advanced enough to interest me.

Same.

Not really interested until VR is fully there and fully realized and really refined, not to mention very cost effective. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I dont have a VR system, but would like to try out "Summer Lesson", "Resident Evil 7" and the new "Astro Bot" game on PSVR :)

Astro Bot is maybe Jump'n Run of the Year and the best VR-Game. 89 % ratings, worldwide. In my opinion, its impressive for a VR-title. Here some words:
Gaming Age - 100 %
"Astro Bot Rescue Mission is an extremely fun and engaging game, and a dynamite addition to the growing PSVR library. At $39.99, it is an absolute bargain for what you get here. Once you start playing you will find it hard to stop. Games like these are the reason why I love PlayStation VR as much as I do. It’s a simple concept that works on so many levels here. If you have a PSVR system, Definitely check this one out, I can’t recommend it enough"!

Playstation Universe - 95 %
"Easily the best platformer and PS VR game on the market this year. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a showcase to how VR should be utilized moving forward. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a must buy".

IGN Italia - 90 %
"Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a one of a kind platform game. A smart, funny, unpredictable game that testifies to how the VR can truly change any game".

IGN - 90 %
"The challenging platforming and natural implementation of VR make it one of the most interesting and genuinely new-feeling games in recent memory. Astro Bot Rescue Mission delivers on the potential of PSVR and is a must-buy for owners of the device".

Digital Chumps - 90 %
"Astro Bot Rescue Mission neatly unfolds platforming’s trick and tropes with immunity from the traditional hazards of virtual reality. Astro Bot is a treasure for PlayStation VR enthusiasts".

Chazore said:
shikamaru317 said:
I have no interest in gen 1 VR. Maybe by gen 3 it will be advanced enough to interest me.

Same.

Not really interested until VR is fully there and fully realized and really refined, not to mention very cost effective. 

I really don’t get this attitude. It’s fully “there” already. Would you have missed out on PS1 too because it wasn’t a PS4 yet? Honest question. If not please explain why not then but now.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:

I really don’t get this attitude. It’s fully “there” already. Would you have missed out on PS1 too because it wasn’t a PS4 yet? Honest question. If not please explain why not then but now.

I know you don't, I've seen you say this to another user and I'm sorry you don't get it, but you also don't have to.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

KazumaKiryu said:

I dont have a VR system, but would like to try out "Summer Lesson", "Resident Evil 7" and the new "Astro Bot" game on PSVR :)

Astro Bot is maybe Jump'n Run of the Year and the best VR-Game. 89 % ratings, worldwide. In my opinion, its impressive for a VR-title. Here some words:
Gaming Age - 100 %
"Astro Bot Rescue Mission is an extremely fun and engaging game, and a dynamite addition to the growing PSVR library. At $39.99, it is an absolute bargain for what you get here. Once you start playing you will find it hard to stop. Games like these are the reason why I love PlayStation VR as much as I do. It’s a simple concept that works on so many levels here. If you have a PSVR system, Definitely check this one out, I can’t recommend it enough"!

Playstation Universe - 95 %
"Easily the best platformer and PS VR game on the market this year. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a showcase to how VR should be utilized moving forward. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a must buy".

IGN Italia - 90 %
"Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a one of a kind platform game. A smart, funny, unpredictable game that testifies to how the VR can truly change any game".

IGN - 90 %
"The challenging platforming and natural implementation of VR make it one of the most interesting and genuinely new-feeling games in recent memory. Astro Bot Rescue Mission delivers on the potential of PSVR and is a must-buy for owners of the device".

Digital Chumps - 90 %
"Astro Bot Rescue Mission neatly unfolds platforming’s trick and tropes with immunity from the traditional hazards of virtual reality. Astro Bot is a treasure for PlayStation VR enthusiasts".

I can sign all that. Just been playing two more levels and it makes me feel like a kid again. I’ve been smiling and giggling as if it was my first video game.

Chazore said:
Errorist76 said:

I know you don't, I've seen you say this to another user and I'm sorry you don't get it, but you also don't have to.

Why didn’t you answer my question? I don’t need to understand it, but I would like to. I can understand the money argument, but “not there yet?” 

Have you read the Astro Bot reviews the other guy just posted? Seems pretty “there” to me, don’t you think?

Errorist76 said:

Why didn’t you answer my question? I don’t need to understand it, but I would like to. I can understand the money argument, but “not there yet?” 

Have you read the Astro Bot reviews the other guy just posted? Seems pretty “there” to me, don’t you think?

Because I'm not getting into a flame debate.

You don't need to understand my personal desire for what VR should be and where it should be at. 

I have the money to afford all 3 headsets, their systems and the hardware required, I just choose not to because I do not see it as being "there" yet. 

Reading the reviews doesn't tell me it's "there", it just tells me that a group of people think something is subjectively awesome. And going by footage, it's more akin to a party themed game than one that explores VR in various and deep ways. That and it's exclusive to one system, one that I've no intention of playing.

Had PSVR since Day One, and Upgraded to the new revision last year. Easily my favorite platform this generation.

There library on PSVR is much better then PS4, XBO, or Switch. My gaming time has almost completely moved to VR. I still play stuff like Super Mario Odyssey, God of War, Spider-Man, Forza Horizon 4, and soon Red Dead 2, but I get in complete the main content, and get right back to VR.

After playing Gran Turismo Sport VR, Arizona Sunshine, Farpoint, Until Dawn Rush of Blood, London Heist, Pierhead Arcade, Pinball FX2 VR, and so many more titles, going back to TV and Gamepad just feels empty and limiting. This years titles like Moss, Farpoint, Knockout League, Creed, and Astro Bot just to name a few, have completely overshadowed God of War, Detroit, and Spider-Man. Those are still fun expereinces, but playing them I only reminds me how much VR has advanced games. So many times while playing I just think, this would be so much more fun, so much more impactful, and so much more emersive if it was in VR.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL