By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Own a VR Device?

Do You Own a VR Device?

Yes, and it's awesome 168 13.05%

Yes, it's alright 84 6.53%

Yes, but I regret it 43 3.34%

No, but I really want one 143 11.11%

No, but I'm considering it 243 18.88%

No, not interested at all 606 47.09%

Total:1,287

Yes, got PSVR and its alright. We need more must have AAA games and better tech.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Machina said:
Over the last couple of years I've shifted from the 'no, not interested' group to the 'no, but I'm considering it' group.

I'm waiting for two things mostly: 1) more must-have games that interest me, and 2) much lower price.

I've got a mild curiosity to experience VR, and already own a couple of normal games with well-reviewed VR modes (WipEout and GT Sport), but I'm more than happy to wait, possibly even for a new gen of tech.

My stance is that VR is no good until Nintendo does it.

Astro Bot is pretty much exactly how a Nintendo platformer in VR would be.

Errorist76 said:
RolStoppable said:

My stance is that VR is no good until Nintendo does it.

...and the Darksiders series is what Zelda would be with a more mature tone.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Very little return for the price, but I do hope they continue supporting and improving it.

RolStoppable said:
Errorist76 said:

Pretty much, yes...but ok, I get it. You’re just continuing to derail the conversation and your intention seems just to talk down VR without having some own experience. Got it, I’ll refrain to ignore you from now on in this thread.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
RolStoppable said:

Pretty much, yes...but ok, I get it. You’re just continuing to derail the conversation and your intention seems just to talk down VR without having some own experience. Got it, I’ll refrain to ignore you from now on in this thread.

I can hardly derail a thread about people's thoughts about VR by talking about VR.

And yes, please go ahead and refrain from ignoring me in this thread.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Nope. Not getting sucked into it like it did with PS Move. Hated the controller then, don't care to use them for this gen. I'll wait until VR is simplified a bit or something.

No, but i want to. Sadly serious eye-impairments makes it impossible for me to use it

Not yet. But Japan Studio's new direction might mean I'll get into 2nd gen VR with PS5 rather than wait for the 3rd generation.

PSVR (8/10)
Oculus Go (8/10)

Love them both for different reasons.

Twitter: @d21lewis