By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Reverse Climate Change?

Amnesia said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I know it's probably just a dream at this point, especially with idiotic decisions by, ahem, a certain Western superpower since 2016, but it's still a nice thought to have.

Are there ways, any at all, to reverse climate change? Would it help if we planted new forests, reduced our garbage output, used more renewable energy sources, invested further into water bottles and re-hydration stations, etc?

I try my hardest to help out, I'm even trying to use lights that are more energy efficient. What else can we do?

Nothing and just relax. Every winter are announced as exceptionnal, like summers.

If we have a too cold winter --> it is because of the climate change

If we have a too sweat winter --> it is because of the climate change

If we have a too cold summer --> it is because of the climate change

If we have a too warm summer --> it is because of the climate change

Believe me if you just stop to think about it you will have plenty of new freetime in your mind and less stress. We have no influence on the climate as individual citizens.

Yes I don't believe at all into global warming, like Trump.

Get with the times. It was global cooling, but then it started warming. Then, it was global warming, but then we had a pause. Now, it's climate change. So no matter what it does, they are right and we need to give them tons of power and money to fix the problem. 

Around the Network

there is no simple answer to that due to just how many variables you have to account for. the most dumbed down answer i can give you is simply no. there is no amount of global effort that can be achieved to make the world the way it was even 10 or 20 years ago. species have gone extinct that previously had considerable impact on the environments they lived in. deforestation can never be undone due to the unbalance of the areas resources that was created as a result. and polar ice caps that have melted have no chance of refreezing.

but it is also important to realize that climate change and environmental destruction are two different things. we pollute the planet by covering it in our own waste, plastic garbage, and whatever else, and it is causing ocean life to suffer, and toxins that leak from the plastic will eventually poison affected environments and kill them. this could all be avoided if we stopped polluting and cleaned up our shit, it would just be very hard to do. climate change is simply a consequence of pollution that is causing climates and temperatures around the globe to change, which is already too late to try and stop, but it isnt 'necessarily' the worst thing ever. the earth will survive in whatever form if the temperature around the globe increases, although it would have higher water levels and species would evolve more to survive warmer climates. and again, thats not a bad thing in the long run, but the point of trying to prevent it is to so that we dont end up causing mass extinction of hundred of species. its all just to preserve the planet the way it is.

but the two have to come hand-in-hand. we need to clean up our shit to protect the environment, and we need to stop throwing gasses into the air to war up the planet any faster. and if we do that, we will survive, its just too late to go back to where we were 10 years ago

Science denial strong in this fourm

CaptainExplosion said:

I know it's probably just a dream at this point, especially with idiotic decisions by, ahem, a certain Western superpower since 2016, but it's still a nice thought to have.

Are there ways, any at all, to reverse climate change? Would it help if we planted new forests, reduced our garbage output, used more renewable energy sources, invested further into water bottles and re-hydration stations, etc?

I try my hardest to help out, I'm even trying to use lights that are more energy efficient. What else can we do?

https://www.carbonbrief.org/planting-a-mix-of-tree-species-could-double-forest-carbon-storage

Volcanic ashes cool down the earth. A couple of nukes can set off the big one. Big problem, big solution!

Around the Network

There would be nothing more unnatural than reversing climate change.

It’s too late to prevent climate change. And there is no reversing it.

Problem with many is that when they see it is too late to prevent climate change, they go “it’s innevitable anyway” and do nothing.

But it is not too late to act and diminish its impact. Instead of doing nothing and keep worsening it as we do right now.

This video is in french, but if you understand the language, it is something most people should watch:

https://youtu.be/R7sMZiSKmqg

Last edited by Hynad - on 06 October 2018

Hynad said:

It’s too late to prevent climate change. And there is no reversing it.

Problem with many is that when they see it is too late to prevent climate change, they go “it’s innevitable anyway” and do nothing.

But it is not too late to act and diminish its impact. Instead of doing nothing and keep worsening it as we do right now.

This video is in french, but if you understand the language, it is something most people should watch:

https://youtu.be/R7sMZiSKmqg

This documentary says otherwise. Just look at what some of the reputable people interviewed in it have to say, right at the very beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhCQv5tNsQ

Climate change fluctuates initially because of the sun and it's variable output. Clouds and carbon, etc, follows as a result, so they explain. They even bring to light the politics behind it, which we all know politics has it's hands in almost everything.

The title of the video is a little misleading, as it doesn't try to disprove climate change, it just explains the main factor is not carbon as we've been told.

You can't stop climate change you can only enhance it, either by emitting greenhouse gasses or by emitting enormous ammounts of dust or aërosols into the atmosphere which form clouds and block sun light. Best way to do that is throwing a Tsar Bomba into a volcano. But that would also mean posioning the entire world since large of dust and aërosols that eventually drop back down to earth are bad for your lungs especially if they are radioactive. Climate change in itself is a very slow process and one we could easily adapt to. Its enhanced climate change which forms a problem for life to be able to adapt too. So massively reducing our emission of greenhouse gasses and making our econome circular while we are add it would do the trick if we would massively scale up current initiatives. 

Last edited by Qwark - on 07 October 2018

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Honestly I couldn't care less, because the major consequences of greenhouse gases/pollution are going to take place well after our lifetimes.That might seem like a selfish point of view, but it is what it is.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.