By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - So, Cristiano Ronaldo is an alleged Rapist.

Well not guilty till proven but the fact he said nothing happened and then those documents were leaked makes him look guilty, he should have said the truth from the start, 'a crazy woman accused me and I just paid her to stop her from being a bitch'

I just can't stand people who say nothing is true and then some stuff get leaked. Even if their we no rape it reeks...

What does 'make herself available' means exactly?

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
SecondWar said:

Are you for real? Because I support people speak out against rape and sexual violence, that makes me a disgusting human being? 

I think the brick wall comment applies equally to you, if not more so. You are automatically assuming anyone who reports rape is lying just for attention. I think that is a disgusting attitude to take. I'm not even jumping on the bandwagon about Ronaldo. In all my post I've reffered the the alleged event, deferring judgement until after the investigation has finished. But you, no - 'victim' is the man, because the allegations will ruin his life. Even if they turn out to be true. Women should just keep quiet and not bother anyone about it. Am I on the right lines about how you feel about it?

Is the MeToo agenda perfect? No, there is a fair bit of hysteria involved and I think the black clothing thing at the Hollywood awards was a piece of vanity so that some celebrities could feel good about themselves, but the underlying goal of the movement is for positive change. And to be honest, I not even sure I qualify as a MeToo support, as this thread is the most I've ever contributed to the matter.

The problem is that in the vast majority of these cases there is NO investigation. You just have a mob of women lob accusations at somebody, then disappear, leaving the accused to sort out the damage. Many of these women are not pursuing investigations. It should honestly be defamation to accuse someone of a crime unless you're doing so during the process of a criminal complaint. MeToo hasnt changed any laws, because women already had full power to pursue assaults through the law. All it has done is made it acceptable for women who won't pursue a criminal investigations to go out and accuse someone of sexual assault in public. You cant prove it, you cant disapprove it. It still ruins the accused life. This is absolute mob mentality.

One of the reasons people previously didn't come forward is the perception that they wouldn't be believed, something that has changed in recent years. It's mentality that the movement has sort to change. Yes, some people have gone overboard but that doesn't mean accusations shouldn't be investigated.

Anyway, thank you for engaging in a debate rather than just insulting me for not agreeing with you like another poster did.

Generally I don't like CR has a person. But I don't like when society jumps the gun when someone gets accused.

I'm fine with waiting until the facts come in, but it appears one of the "facts" is Ronaldo by his own admission said that "She said no and stop several times".

If he payed to shut her up, it smells of guilt of rape. IMO

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
OhNoYouDont said:

It's obstruction any time you withhold information pertaining to a criminal matter. Her agreement to a monetary settlement would be a civil matter, it does not address the criminal matter which would be assessed by a district attorney.

It would still be quite unethical. She clearly withheld the information from prosecution following the exchange of money.

Dude the whole idea of exchanging money for silence is unethical and the thing you're most upset about is her seeking actual justice? Holy shit dude, time to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and try and figure out what went so wrong in your life that you're at this point mentally-speaking.

is it really possible for a dude that looks like this 

to be a rapist though? what woman is really going to turn this down?

SpokenTruth said:
Are we really at the point where we doubt event the rapist himself when he says he did it?

Do you want video evidence of the rape?

Or we not jump the gun and wait until they do a proper investigation on the allegations (which so far looks like might be true). If he's guilty then may he suffer in prison to the fullest extent of the law & beyond, and if he is innocent than shame on the false accuser and may there be new laws to steeply punish those who make false accusations of any kind.

OhNoYouDont said:
contestgamer said:

It would still be quite unethical. She clearly withheld the information from prosecution following the exchange of money.

Dude the whole idea of exchanging money for silence is unethical and the thing you're most upset about is her seeking actual justice? Holy shit dude, time to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and try and figure out what went so wrong in your life that you're at this point mentally-speaking.

She chose to make an agreement of exchanging money for silence. It was not forced on her. She had the choice to seek justice the way she deemed best fit - prosecute via the law or accept a payoff. She chose the latter. She chose that as her form of seeking some form of justice.

SpokenTruth said:
Are we really at the point where we doubt event the rapist himself when he says he did it?

Do you want video evidence of the rape?

So you've never heard of people confessing to crimes they didn't commit?