By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predictions: Which game of Q4 2018 will disappoint the most?

Tagged games:

Out of listed? its a no brainer. Hitman 2 is going to tank badly

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Just Cause 4: Stagnation. But it knows what it is. 

I saw it on the big screen at EGX and if they hadn't said its JC4 could have easily mistaken it for JC3, performance issues, bad pop-in and literally just played (what they showed) like the previous entry. Character models were also very uninspired. Of course they could be hiding the new features, but when you see its steal stuff, get a drop cargo crate, wing suit etc... just the same... doesn't really give you much hope. Problem for the game is that its primarily an air game where you sometimes go on land, and because of that it limits the game. Unlike say GTA which is primarily a land game where you can also go into the air.

I dont think people are going to be that excited by the time it comes out.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Pokémon Let's Go will be a flop in terms of critical reception and a lot of fans will hate it but it will sell a lot (10+ million) by the virtue of being a pokémon game. Not sure if it will really attract the Go audience tho, as there's a big price barrier for casuals to play the game. I wonder what are Nintendo's expectations for the game...

N

Keybladewielder said:

Pokémon Let's Go will be a flop in terms of critical reception and a lot of fans will hate it but it will sell a lot (10+ million) by the virtue of being a pokémon game. Not sure if it will really attract the Go audience tho, as there's a big price barrier for casuals to play the game. I wonder what are Nintendo's expectations for the game...

I find it hard for Let’s Go to be a game in the 50s-60s on Meta/Opencritic based on the previews I heard, especially from Joe from Serebii, and he’s a long time Pokemon fan who made the site years ago.

Though if you’re predicting the game to be in the 70s, I can understand that.

The Go userbase has improved throughout the summer and if Let’s Go could even get 1-5% of that particular user base to convert to the mainline games, then I think it’ll do its job. Of course, we don’t necessarily know Nintendo/Game Freak’s expectations.

With gen 8 of Pokemon coming next year, I'm pretty sure most of the bad vibes for Let's Go aren't gonna be that significant in the long run. It'll be seen as a mildly annoying spinoff at worst. It's not gonna ruin the series or anything.  The game has been marketed mostly as a gateway game, and the new gen never comes to a platform this early anyways, so I'm fine with this.

Battlefield V... Oh man, this one is gonna be a bloodbath. Between the lootbox controversies from last year, the shitstorm over the trailer, and the overall EA fatigue lately (seen with FIFA sales), this game has no chance.  It's Infinite Warfare all over again.

I'm also worried about Fallout 76 and RDR2, though I feel those could go either way.  Fallout 76 doesn't seem like it's what the fans want at all, and after seeing the utter wankery that is NBA 2K18, I'm worried that Take Two is gonna destroy RDR2 with microtransactions.

Last edited by Zach808 - on 04 October 2018

Around the Network

Just looking here and there, it looks like Megaman has been well received, with the fanbase and critics (correct me if I'm wrong), and Super Mario Party has a higher metacritic for a MP game in twenty years.

Add these two to the list, along with Assassins creed and Forza, that have "not dissapointed", at least not from a quality standpoint.

edit: so far it doesn't look like that any big game from the start of September till now has been "dissapointing".

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Probably Fallout 76 and Battlefield V

I am not worried about Pokemon. Switch owners are thirsty of any new Mario, Zelda, Kirby or Pokemon game and they'll buy this one whether it's a good, average or bad game.

I can say now from a quality point of view AC Odyssey is pretty disappointing. Buggy mess

melbye said:
I can say now from a quality point of view AC Odyssey is pretty disappointing. Buggy mess

Haven't read much of the previews, but is it really that bad?

Fallout, Pokemon and Battlefield sales will disappoint this year.