By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Yes 53 47.32%

No 41 36.61%

Trump should pick a new canidate 18 16.07%

Total:112
PwerlvlAmy said:
Absolutely continue. Innocent until proven guilty. No evidence that he's guilty(thus far). Vote should happen by mid next week as it passed the committee earlier today to send it to the floor and the 7th FBI check will be pretty quick.

I agree.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
No it should not continue. Kavanaugh proved he is a vengeful, partisan hack with his responses yesterday. He blamed democrats and the left for conspiring against him. He will be a judge for all Americans but he showed his animus to half the country. He only did this because he knows he only needs 51 votes rather than 60. The lower threshold means he only has to appeal to the conservative base. Trump should pick another conservative judge.

Just because you don't like him, it does not mean that the reason which is on topic ("rape that occurred 36 years ago, and she did not say a thing back then") should be considered as an excuse to remove him from the nomination.

Heavenly_King said:

I just find really suspicious that just now she is reporting the rape, instead of doing it 36 years ago.  Why now?? maybe because he is nominated as supremem, the "anti Trump people with power" just want to stop this from happening.

Also, even in the extreme case that the rape indeed occur, you can not prove it actually occurred 36 years after the event happened.

Regardless of her motives in bringing it up now, I suspect the reason she didn't report it at the time was because back then, the vast majority of rape cases boiled down to nothing more than one person's word against another, with convictions generally only occurring in instances where the rapist was either dumb enough to carry out the attack in a place where they could be easily caught, or had enough of a conscience to confess to the crime. Hence, a lot of rape victims never reported what happened to them. It was only in the mid-late 90s that being able to prove an attack via DNA evidence and the like really became a widespread thing.

SpokenTruth said:
COKTOE said:

I though it was great moment the photographer captured there. Lots of good "looks on faces" The blonde woman frowning and grimacing was my favorite.

The best thing about that photo is that those people are actually his family and friends.  Family on the left side of the photo, friends on the right side.

Oh wow. Lol. Didn't know that.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Heavenly_King said:
Signalstar said:
No it should not continue. Kavanaugh proved he is a vengeful, partisan hack with his responses yesterday. He blamed democrats and the left for conspiring against him. He will be a judge for all Americans but he showed his animus to half the country. He only did this because he knows he only needs 51 votes rather than 60. The lower threshold means he only has to appeal to the conservative base. Trump should pick another conservative judge.

Just because you don't like him, it does not mean that the reason which is on topic ("rape that occurred 36 years ago, and she did not say a thing back then") should be considered as an excuse to remove him from the nomination.

Not ONE word in my post makes reference to the attempted sexual assault allegation. I do not think it can be definitively proven to have happened or not happened. I err on the side of believing he is innocent in tthe absence of concrete evidence.

HOWEVER in defending himself from the allegation he displayed an unbelievable and unacceptable amount of partisan bias and hatred for the opposing side for someone who wants a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court  It's not a matter of me liking him or not (I don't) but I cannot trust him to be ffair in his rulings based on his incoherent and rambling screed. I am not alone iin my concern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Voting happening this week. Hype.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Yep. And we're getting slight hints that those swing votes may be going for Kavanaugh. Personally, I hope it is 50-50, so Pence can vote Yea and do a mic drop. 

PwerlvlAmy said:

Good, let's hope this farce can finally end

thismeintiel said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yep. And we're getting slight hints that those swing votes may be going for Kavanaugh. Personally, I hope it is 50-50, so Pence can vote Yea and do a mic drop. 

It's probably going to end up being that yeah. I'm going to guess 53-47. Some red state democrats are up for re-election and have fallen a bit in their polls after this whole mess. I think after this recent FBI investigation, I expect some of them to try to save their seats will vote yes on confirmation. So that's my reasoning for that number.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ronster316 said:

Unfortunately, i am in the UK, and live in an area where my vote is worthless, thing is, no matter who we vote for here nothings going to change, the 2 biggest parties are both a JOKE.

You'd love it over here in the US...  the phony conflict between the "two" parties always undermines the good of the people here. 

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch