By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Yes 53 47.32%

No 41 36.61%

Trump should pick a new canidate 18 16.07%

Total:112

If you're not aware whats going on a few months ago Trump nominated Brett Kavanaugh to the supremem court. The senate has had hearing throughout this and last week and soon there will be a vote to decide if he becomes a supremem court justice. But a women named Christen Ford accused him of raping her when they were 17 years old (36 years ago). Two other women have come foward also accusing Kavanaugh of rape. A lot of people have been saying that because of these allegation the vote should be delayed. Those defending Kavanaugh have said that that no solid evidence have been put foward and that it would be wrong to not go foward with the confirmation because there is a pssibility that he did not do it. Some have even claimed that this is a setup by the Democrats because they had recieved word of the accusation over twenty days ago and did not act on it til weeks later.

So Trump recently ordered the FBI to investigate these accusation but instea of waiting for the investigation to happen Mitch McConnel is moving foward with the nomination.

Do you think the nomination should be postponed or should it continue?

Around the Network

I think it should. The timing of this is too convenient. If something really is wrong, I would just like for them to just elect him, and do a full scale FBI investigation. The guy seems guiltier than OJ at times, his demeanor, all the water drinking, and Ford's convincing hearing...I just want the facts to be brought out. Just let them rush him in, and if anything is found then act accordingly and appropriately. There isn't damning evidence coming from either party, It's basically a calender vs. hearsay..., so I say go with it until something of substantial news is brought to the light. This is just wasting time as of now.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 28 September 2018

I feel like the Dems dug their own grave not releasing this info back in July and giving the FBI a proper time to investigate. Now its just a tactic to delay the hearing. They wonder why people are pissed off.

Absolutely continue. Innocent until proven guilty. No evidence that he's guilty(thus far). Vote should happen by mid next week as it passed the committee earlier today to send it to the floor and the 7th FBI check will be pretty quick.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Should continue. Sorry women, but you're not going to ruin someone's life without proof.

Around the Network

I wonder if this thread will have any fighting in it?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Of course it should continue.  Alleged victims have the right to be heard, not believed.  I heard her and don't believe a damn thing she said.  Every answer was "I don't know" or "I can't really remember" or "what I said in that email/letter was a mistake, here's what my lawyer wants me to say I meant."  But, without being able to give any other concrete answers about anything, somehow she is 100% sure that it was Kavanaugh.  Even though none of the records from her therapist names him.  Then she wants to know the dates that PJ worked at some store so she can give an exact date of when she ran into him and, for some odd reason, said hello to him?  That's not how it works, sweetheart.  You give the date first, then they go back and check to see if he was actually working that day.

This was 100% a delay tactic from the Dems.  They had the info.  They could have brought this to the committee's attention, privately, like Ford wished.  Then there could have been a private investigation.  Instead, they held it til the last minute when they had run out of options, and then leaked it to the press, destroying any hope of anonymity for Ford. They are hoping they can delay this til after the mid-terms, which they believe they will easily win, so they can block all of Trump's nominees til 2020, when they think they will win, again.  I hope the vote is held early to mid next week.  Enough of the delays, put the man in.

Snoopy said:
Should continue. Sorry women, but you're not going to ruin someone's life without proof.

Amen to that snoopy!

COKTOE said:

There shouldn't be. I have faith.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

No it should not continue. Kavanaugh proved he is a vengeful, partisan hack with his responses yesterday. He blamed democrats and the left for conspiring against him. He will be a judge for all Americans but he showed his animus to half the country. He only did this because he knows he only needs 51 votes rather than 60. The lower threshold means he only has to appeal to the conservative base. Trump should pick another conservative judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Snoopy said:

Amen to that snoopy!

COKTOE said:

There shouldn't be. I have faith.

Well, given the political demographics of the site, the contentious nature of the subject matter, and the way things usually unfold around here, I'd say you have a good chance of being disappointed. ;) 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."