By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where should assassin's creed go next?

shikamaru317 said:

BTW, here are the settings from the 2 official AC setting surveys that Ubisoft ran, with already done settings crossed out:

-The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China

-The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England

-The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt

-The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors

-The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution

-The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution

-The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan

-The rise of the Roman Empire in the Mediterranean Basin (leaks say this is next)

-Genghis Khan and his Mongol Invasions

-Joan of Arc's battles and the rise of the Black Death during the Hundred Years War

-The Spanish Inquisition, setting of the Assassin's Creed Movie

-The Peloponnesean War between Athens and Sparta in classical Greece

-William the Conqueror and the Invasion of England

-Viking invasions and their great army

-Hannibal's invasion of Rome

-The Dark Ages and Historical King Arthur

-The conquests of Alexander the Great

Since they did the first AC setting survey in 2011, they have only released 2 main games that didn't use a setting from one of the 2 surveys (Unity and Rogue), so it is pretty clear that they are using the results of these surveys to decide what games to do. I think we will eventually see all of the above settings, if the series lasts long enough. 

Jesus a lot of good options in there. They won't run out of ideas for another 5 or 6 episodes yet. I wonder will they some day do a pre historic one either in a far cry primal cave man setting or go back even further to the dinosaurs era. 

Around the Network

I think they should remaster AC1

Then they should go into the future, maybe 2100.... because they are starting to move more and more away from historical references and becoming alternate timelines, so... yeah. Space ships and rockets. /s

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Germany WW1 - WW2

Madword said:
I think they should remaster AC1

Then they should go into the future, maybe 2100.... because they are starting to move more and more away from historical references and becoming alternate timelines, so... yeah. Space ships and rockets. /s

Ubisoft is to money hungry to ever end this series but this should be the way it ends in a future setting.

John2290 said:
They should go back and resurrect Desmond, say it was all just a dream he had and he's been tripping out in the anamus sense the End of AC2 or brotherhood and then pick back up from there. They really had one of the best sci-fi stories of the 21st century and they pissed it to the wind for quick turn around and anualized releases so the could have multiple teams churning these out like a factory machine.

I remember talking to a guy who said that Ubisoft had three AC games in different stages of production at one time, so yeah it wouldnt surprise me that they have a factory working on them.

Wouldnt surprise me if they are doing a remaster of 1 to use that as a gap year filler.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
The obvious place now would be China or Japan (yes I know they did a side scroller in this era but a proper game would be nice).
There’s other eras in locations they’ve already been. The Dark ages in the UK which spanned around 6-700 years, play as a Celt or something only problem is lack of high structures, or wait 'til the Viking age and play as a invading Viking.
There’s got to be somewhere in Africa we could maybe go to,

They could always go into the future and make some sort of futuristic assassins creed, still with the current weapons and the city could be all massive with incredibly high buildings.

If they did the UK again, I think the best bet would be the Norman invasion. If they did Vikings, I think the Viking colonisation of the Americas would be better than the Vikings raiding Europe. Maybe see how two different cultures view the artefacts and clash over them. Also maybe encounter so Mayans rather than just their ruins. (I may be way off on this, I don't know if the ancient Mayan civilisations had gone by then).

As they tend to go for unexplored time periods, one that I think could be interesting is the American Civil War, but that a very awkward setting as Ubi usually put you parallel to the conflict, seeing the 'rights' of both sides, which would then be seen as glorifying racism and slavery when you do the for the Confederates so its not somewhere think they'd go.

shikamaru317 said:

BTW, here are the settings from the 2 official AC setting surveys that Ubisoft ran, with already done settings crossed out:

-The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China

-The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England

-The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt

-The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors

-The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution

-The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution

-The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan

-The rise of the Roman Empire in the Mediterranean Basin (leaks say this is next)

-Genghis Khan and his Mongol Invasions

-Joan of Arc's battles and the rise of the Black Death during the Hundred Years War

-The Spanish Inquisition, setting of the Assassin's Creed Movie

-The Peloponnesean War between Athens and Sparta in classical Greece

-William the Conqueror and the Invasion of England

-Viking invasions and their great army

-Hannibal's invasion of Rome

-The Dark Ages and Historical King Arthur

-The conquests of Alexander the Great

Medival China and the Russian Revolution have been done in AC Chronicles, so I don't think they'd do either again. The Mongol Invasions I think is a good one, and given the timing you could get another game with Altair (at least as a supporting character). If they did the Roman Empire I think they need to link it to Origins, as they never really gave you much of an origin story, aside from the logo at the end.

Confidential Royale.

You heard it here first.

Switch :(

On vacations.