By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crossplay coming to Fortnite PS4 Today!

RaptorChrist said:
So now everyone is happy? Or is there still that odd representation of Sony fans that claimed they didn't want crossplay, and now they are upset? Or was it all a ruse?

Boooo! Now I get to listen to even more voices coming out the bedroom and my kids will never do anything else again! Sony ruining mine and my kids lives all the time!

Around the Network
celador said:
glad if only that i don't have to hear this topic anymore, or the tired talk of sony being arrogant. now perhaps MS can get some shit for putting free to play games behind a paywall. maybe we should call them arrogant or something. won't hold my breath

Yeah, MS deserves shit for that too.

And while we're at it, let Sony get some shit for locking cloud saves behind the paywall, as well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:

Dude...

Why in the hell would you ever be against what your fellow fans/ps4 owners want. You should be for it, because there are people that want it, despite Sony's stance which should not be your concern. A little solidarity doesn't hurt. For example: I mean, everyone knows I am all for Nintendo. The online has issues. I for one don't put much value in achievements, but I know people that do. So why would I be against it? If it means something to them, then I am also for it. I would want them to be satisfied with the platform they invested in.

You should do the same.

I outlined my reasons before. They are selfish reasons. I don't have a single irl friend who plays xbox over PlayStation. Literally everybody in our gaming circle of about 30 people are on ps4. Some have xbox but they mainly use ps4. So no cross play doesn't bother me. 

Why don't I want it? When 360 was doing well and ps3 wasn't my gaming experience suffered. Microsoft getting timed exclusives and dlc early such as gta 4 and cod. Sony for once looked like they might get knocked out of the console business. So from a selfish point of view i want ps4 to dominate it's market. And imo crossplay is more favourable to xbox then ps4. 

So all in all its no big deal for me having it but if I had the choice I'd go without it. As a matter of fact i have pc cross play turned off on all games i play and will switch off xbox players too

I can speak on behalf of all Xbox players when I say this, thank you. 

This is great now my kids can play with my niece if this goes through. Now I won't have  to consider switching my nieces ps4 with an xbox1

not at all surprised by some of the responses in here. 

Last edited by Baddman - on 26 September 2018

FentonCrackshell said:
MS just released a Fortnite bundle and touted the ability to play with other consoles. I wonder if MS and Nintendo are actually happy about this?

I don't know if Nintendo cares all that much but there is no way Microsoft will be pleased.  They were using it as ammunition as much as they could.  They've just lost a bit of leverage.

Though I do expect Phil to tweet about how happy this makes him.

Around the Network

Good, if somewhat surprising.

Sony are super clever. They are betaing it at the end of this gen and will probably be the first next gen platform holder to release with it putting the others on the backfoot. This is sony essentially saying, you didn't do it when we asked, you made a big deal about it when you needed it, now we are calling it and you have to stick to your word. I wouldn't be surprised if they are building on this that will force MS to accept their hand.

pokoko said:
FentonCrackshell said:
MS just released a Fortnite bundle and touted the ability to play with other consoles. I wonder if MS and Nintendo are actually happy about this?

I don't know if Nintendo cares all that much but there is no way Microsoft will be pleased.  They were using it as ammunition as much as they could.  They've just lost a bit of leverage.

That’s exactly how it’s gonna go lol. But Nintendo doesn’t need Fortnite like MS does. There’s no selling point for MS now. I’m wondering how many of my friends with different consoles will try to convince me to play Fortnite now that we can play together? But I won’t, it’s just not my cup o’tea.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
pokoko said:

That’s exactly how it’s gonna go lol. But Nintendo doesn’t need Fortnite like MS does. There’s no selling point for MS now. I’m wondering how many of my friends with different consoles will try to convince me to play Fortnite now that we can play together? But I won’t, it’s just not my cup o’tea.

this is true. I just had to quote the truths.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

That's a step in the right direction for sure.