By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Larian Studios Has Plans For Divinity: Original Sin 2 On Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYeVJR5iHws

In the interview above, around the 3:40 mark, when asked about a possible Switch release in an interview with Shacknews, Larian Studios director of publishing Michael Douse said:

“That’s all that I’ll say. We have plans for a lot of things. But we’re looking into everything. We want to get the game out to as many players as we can, so we’re looking at the options.”

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I have never played a propper Divinity game. I've played Divinity Dragon Commander, but that's another genre entirely. What exactly are they?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Shikamo said:

“That’s all that I’ll say. We have plans for a lot of things. But we’re looking into everything. We want to get the game out to as many players as we can, so we’re looking at the options.”

That's a big nothingburger. At this point ditching outright Switch-support in an interview is not looking well. So I would give this answer too, if I had no plans to even look at Switch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Darwinianevolution said:
I have never played a propper Divinity game. I've played Divinity Dragon Commander, but that's another genre entirely. What exactly are they?

D:OS2 is isometric party-based CRPG, similar to and inspired by Interplay's CRPG from late 90s, like Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 1/2 and Fallout 1/2.

In last few years, genre is in renaissance, notable examples being Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity 1/2, Age of Decadence, Torment: Tides of Numenera and of course Divinity: Original Sin 1/2.

Darwinianevolution said:

It's the closest thing to a pen & paper RPG. They're extremely well made. Original Sin 2 is great, and the updates they made with Definitive Edition are very nice.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

Old School CRPG, tactical turn based goodness.
However if your a fan of the old classices like Planescape tormet, Baldurs Gate, Ice Wind dale, Fallout.... you ll probably want to play this on a pc.

This is the sort of game you should play with a keyboard + mouse I feel.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 24 September 2018