By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle announced @399

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
TheGamer_1995 said:
Playstation: Omae wa mou shindeiru

Xbox and Nintendo: Nani?!

Super Mario Party ... Pokemon ... Smash Brothers ... 

Yeah, not really. 

I know but I couldn't wait to use that meme.

Will probably use it again when Nintendo announces the release date for Pokemon Gen 8.



Around the Network
TheGamer_1995 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Super Mario Party ... Pokemon ... Smash Brothers ... 

Yeah, not really. 

I know but I couldn't wait to use that meme.

Will probably use it again when Nintendo announces the release date for Pokemon Gen 8.

Fair enough. Kind of figured you were joking. It is a good meme  



great info!



Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!

in usa and europe ?
or only america?

ps. here the new gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_kEScMiHVE



Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!

pitzy272 said:

 

twintail said:

Slims are most likely selling so well without the need for a bundle. Pros have also been harder to find (based on what I have read from anecdotes).

That is probably the train of thought here. Also there should be a CoD bundle. At least it would be weird if Sony doesn't do one this year.

But I do agree that a sim bundle for RDR2 in the US would be ideal, but I am sure there are reasons why there isn't.

One would assume this would be VERY obvious, yet here we are, 18 days from release, and no bundle has been announced. Sony has dropped the ball big time in regard to bundles and LE consoles for their big third party games in the last few years. MS, on the other hand, does a great job with this. I really hope Sony isn’t getting cocky again.

I don't think COD is selling many consoles these days, but..

Let's see...during the last year alone there was an COD WW2 LE, GTS LE, BF2 LE, Days of Play LE, Monster Hunter World LE, God of War LE, Spider-Man LE, 500 Million Anniversary LE, Kingdom Hearts 3 LE, Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 LE in Japan.

So much for being cocky. How much Limited Edition consoles did XBox have in the same time frame? I'm curious.



Around the Network

I'm quite sure I'm going to pick it up, if it's not sold out in a few weeks.

I'm wondering if black friday could bring a better deal than this. :(

Last edited by 0D0 - on 05 October 2018

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Errorist76 said:
pitzy272 said:

 

One would assume this would be VERY obvious, yet here we are, 18 days from release, and no bundle has been announced. Sony has dropped the ball big time in regard to bundles and LE consoles for their big third party games in the last few years. MS, on the other hand, does a great job with this. I really hope Sony isn’t getting cocky again.

I don't think COD is selling many consoles these days, but..

Let's see...during the last year alone there was an COD WW2 LE, GTS LE, BF2 LE, Days of Play LE, Monster Hunter World LE, God of War LE, Spider-Man LE, 500 Million Anniversary LE, Kingdom Hearts 3 LE, Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 LE in Japan.

So much for being cocky. How much Limited Edition consoles did XBox have in the same time frame? I'm curious.

See the bolded part of my comment. I said THIRD PARTY.

Pull up pictures of the WW2 and BF2 bundles again. The WW2 LE console was hideous, and the BF2 LE console was lazy and boring. Looked like they just slapped stickers on there. I don’t recall being being disappointed in the MHW bundle. Yakuza? Again, see the bolded:  I said “big” third party games. 

If you’ve ever seen me post, you know my preferred console by far is the PS4, but Sony should be criticized when they deserve it. Having no bundle whatsoever for a Call of Duty game is unprecedented in the past decade, to my knowledge. And having no LE console for Red Dead is another misstep, esp after they made a clear effort to make LE consoles for their two major exclusive games in GoW and spiderman. Sony has partnerships with the two BIGGEST games of the year, and yet there’s no bundle for one and a lazy bundle for the other. You’re telling me you think this is a good business decision?



pitzy272 said:
Errorist76 said:

I don't think COD is selling many consoles these days, but..

Let's see...during the last year alone there was an COD WW2 LE, GTS LE, BF2 LE, Days of Play LE, Monster Hunter World LE, God of War LE, Spider-Man LE, 500 Million Anniversary LE, Kingdom Hearts 3 LE, Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 LE in Japan.

So much for being cocky. How much Limited Edition consoles did XBox have in the same time frame? I'm curious.

See the bolded part of my comment. I said THIRD PARTY.

Pull up pictures of the WW2 and BF2 bundles again. The WW2 LE console was hideous, and the BF2 LE console was lazy and boring. Looked like they just slapped stickers on there. I don’t recall being being disappointed in the MHW bundle. Yakuza? Again, see the bolded:  I said “big” third party games. 

If you’ve ever seen me post, you know my preferred console by far is the PS4, but Sony should be criticized when they deserve it. Having no bundle whatsoever for a Call of Duty game is unprecedented in the past decade, to my knowledge. And having no LE console for Red Dead is another misstep, esp after they made a clear effort to make LE consoles for their two major exclusive games in GoW and spiderman. Sony has partnerships with the two BIGGEST games of the year, and yet there’s no bundle for one and a lazy bundle for the other. You’re telling me you think this is a good business decision?

Surely the only people who can answer that is Sony... they'll know if its worth doing at this point and know the financial details. This whole Sony being cocky is rubbish, they have absolutely killed it this gen and killed it after a bad start on the PS3, were looking at 8 odd years of killing it with games.... if that's them being cocky I hope they continue.



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

pitzy272 said:
Errorist76 said:

I don't think COD is selling many consoles these days, but..

Let's see...during the last year alone there was an COD WW2 LE, GTS LE, BF2 LE, Days of Play LE, Monster Hunter World LE, God of War LE, Spider-Man LE, 500 Million Anniversary LE, Kingdom Hearts 3 LE, Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 LE in Japan.

So much for being cocky. How much Limited Edition consoles did XBox have in the same time frame? I'm curious.

See the bolded part of my comment. I said THIRD PARTY.

Pull up pictures of the WW2 and BF2 bundles again. The WW2 LE console was hideous, and the BF2 LE console was lazy and boring. Looked like they just slapped stickers on there. I don’t recall being being disappointed in the MHW bundle. Yakuza? Again, see the bolded:  I said “big” third party games. 

If you’ve ever seen me post, you know my preferred console by far is the PS4, but Sony should be criticized when they deserve it. Having no bundle whatsoever for a Call of Duty game is unprecedented in the past decade, to my knowledge. And having no LE console for Red Dead is another misstep, esp after they made a clear effort to make LE consoles for their two major exclusive games in GoW and spiderman. Sony has partnerships with the two BIGGEST games of the year, and yet there’s no bundle for one and a lazy bundle for the other. You’re telling me you think this is a good business decision?

Absolutely. Sony is smart doing it this way. Non-branded COD or RDR2 bundles are going to sell much better than branded ones and it’s less of a risk to them, as the consoles still could be sold separately because they don’t feature a unique shell.



Madword said:
pitzy272 said:

See the bolded part of my comment. I said THIRD PARTY.

Pull up pictures of the WW2 and BF2 bundles again. The WW2 LE console was hideous, and the BF2 LE console was lazy and boring. Looked like they just slapped stickers on there. I don’t recall being being disappointed in the MHW bundle. Yakuza? Again, see the bolded:  I said “big” third party games. 

If you’ve ever seen me post, you know my preferred console by far is the PS4, but Sony should be criticized when they deserve it. Having no bundle whatsoever for a Call of Duty game is unprecedented in the past decade, to my knowledge. And having no LE console for Red Dead is another misstep, esp after they made a clear effort to make LE consoles for their two major exclusive games in GoW and spiderman. Sony has partnerships with the two BIGGEST games of the year, and yet there’s no bundle for one and a lazy bundle for the other. You’re telling me you think this is a good business decision?

Surely the only people who can answer that is Sony... they'll know if its worth doing at this point and know the financial details. This whole Sony being cocky is rubbish, they have absolutely killed it this gen and killed it after a bad start on the PS3, were looking at 8 odd years of killing it with games.... if that's them being cocky I hope they continue.

Killing it with games has nothing to do with whether or not they’re being cocky in regards to third party bundles/LE consoles. I absolutely love the games Sony has been producing for PS4—even more than I did with ps3.

Sony has been cocky/arrogant in the past (e.g. ps3 launch), and I’ve just seen things that have concerned me since they started dominating again:  their bundles in the beginning of the gen were pretty good, past couple years they’ve been handled poorly or lazy; Sony showed huge support for indies early gen, but once they got bigger, they seemed to stop caring about indies again; Sony higher-ups (most prominently Shu) used to be very active with the fans, now I hear nothing about or from Shu, and you never even see him onstage anymore. All around, it just seems like Sony has gone back to feeling like a corporation rather than having their personal, intimate, tangible approach to their fans. They and MS have switched in this regard, as now MS is viewed as the fan-centric game company.

Ultimately, I can see absolutely no upside to not having a PS4 bundle with possibly the biggest game of the year. And everything else aside, if Activision doesn’t feel like Sony is being a good partner, they’ll switch back to MS, install base be damned. Say what you will about MS, but they do right by the third parties they have deals with via bundles, LE consoles, etc. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 05 October 2018