By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales of Vesperia battle load time comparison. Switch vs PS4

noname2200 said:
3-5 seconds per battle, huh?

Indeed, everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room. Both versions suck.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

Wow, it really is a bit faster. I won't have any regrets getting the Switch version then. Still, it would be interesting to see a comparison from the same area. That PS4 battle took place right after loading a new area, and the area was different and could have had a different amount of assets to load than the area in the Switch version. Ideally also the enemies should be the same in the battle that gets loaded. Whatever the case, it's definitely very close and I won't be missing out. God I miss the Tales series, it's been so long. Can't wait for this to release.

Nintendo fans on framerate: Why do people care about frame rate so much? I don't play numbers I play games!

Nintendo fans on load times: Wow it's one millisecond faster? Switch for the win babeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Needs more polish.

3DS: 5429-9952-3189  Add me if you wish!

Wow! That is impressive! Considering you could fit like 5 Switch in a PS4

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Wow! That is impressive! Considering you could fit like 5 Switch in a PS4

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that the reason for the faster loadtime has no real correlation with size. 

Interesting...but most probably I'll be getting the PS4 version because who knows when I'll be getting a Switch :P

One uses flash memory the other uses a HDD, most games load faster on Switch, the best case is probably Crash.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

In a game with lots and lots of battle transitions fast loading times are essential. So Switch has the advantage here.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Qwark said:
One uses flash memory the other uses a HDD, most games load faster on Switch, the best case is probably Crash.

Eurogamer says the normal Xbox One + Xbox One X, have loading times so fast you dont feel them at all with Crash Bandicoot.
Basically the PS4 version is bugged or something (poorly coded for this) so it loads slow.
Switch is 2nd fastest to load stages (abit behinde the Xbox version)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-crash-bandicoot-nsane-trilogy-face-off

So just because the PS4/XB use HDD doesnt mean they load slower than the Switch.