By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Account question

I know that Nintendo has a family plan for $35. Is the $20 for all persons on a console or do you need the family plan even if you only have one Switch? I was under the impression that the $35 was for multiple consoles.

Around the Network

Family plan is for eight accounts. It's like getting eight online accounts, but with people you can share information with.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Aquietguy said:

I know that Nintendo has a family plan for $35. Is the $20 for all persons on a console or do you need the family plan even if you only have one Switch? I was under the impression that the $35 was for multiple consoles.

It's for multiple accounts on one device, since every account has their own save files.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I thought we could use the family plan on multiple consoles

nero said:

That would be too OP

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
nero said:

Why can't you? You just need to define a max of eight accounts in your family group, they can be on different console.

I thought it was just the accounts that was important. Even now you can have one console defined as your primary and others as secondary.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Jranation said:
nero said:

That would be too OP

You can. I've got my family plan on three countries. Five in canada, two in the US, one in the UK

So yeah, people need to do their research. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Thanks, family group seems to be the cheapest way

Runa216 said:
Jranation said:

That would be too OP

You can. I've got my family plan on three countries. Five in canada, two in the US, one in the UK

Is there any negative stuff about it? Because you would save money by having 2 people already. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Runa216 said:

Is there any negative stuff about it? Because you would save money by having 2 people already. 

AS far as I can tell it's perfect. All of us get theNES games, all of us can play online. No restrictions, just make sure you trust the 'parent' of the family plan, because they can boot you and - if they don't give you full autonomy - control your purchases and access your payment info. 

I am the parent of the 7 others on my account, and I don't even know how to do that (and I gave everyone autonomy) so I might be wrong, but that's what I read on a fairly reliable reddit post that had everything else accurate so far. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android