By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Classic Announced, releasing in December 3rd with 20 games pre-loaded and cost $99

Ka-pi96 said:
Cool. Does it have trophy support though? Couldn't care less about it if it doesn't have trophies.

Doubt it, I don't even think you can hook up to the network.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Rob5VGC said:
Live footage of Kerotan:

lol what. Literally just today he was arguing with a user about the importance of backwards compatibility and how he didn't care about playing older Playstation games. 

"I'm saying that if this gen Sony hadn't been releasing lots of top quality games but instead were focusing on bc id be pissed. I want quality new games not old games i don't play anymore (for a reason).

So it all depends on if the old games that are selected are the ones Kerotan doesn't play anymore. :P

Rob5VGC said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

lol what. Literally just today he was arguing with a user about the importance of backwards compatibility and how he didn't care about playing older Playstation games. 

"I'm saying that if this gen Sony hadn't been releasing lots of top quality games but instead were focusing on bc id be pissed. I want quality new games not old games i don't play anymore (for a reason).

So it all depends on if the old games that are selected are the ones Kerotan doesn't play anymore. :P

Oh shit ... how could I be so stupid ... how could I be so blind?

You're right! 

Nice, I hope we will have something from RE1, SH1, TR1/2, MGS1, Twisted Metal 2, Medievil, Syphon Filter..

animegaming said:
Imagine if the N64 classic comes out this year LOL. It would be the return of the late 90's console war.

That would be great. :D

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Here's the Playstation blog on it.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/

The system is powered by USB, if its anything like the SNES and NES classics you should easily be able to dump rom's of other PS1 games into this system.

I love the homebrew possibilities of this little systems. I might keep tabs on this one, if true.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Way more cute than the nes mini, or snes mini.
The fact that it comes with FF7 + Wild Arms makes this better value than anything nintendo gave us from mini consoles.

Kinda hopeing it comes with like Chrono trigger + Cross, and Legend of Dragoon, maybe Suikoden 1&2..... some more final fantasy games.
Maybe those old Crash Bandicoo games (1,2,3)? Spyro 1,2,3? Rayman 1&2? Tomb Raider 1,2,3,4,5?

This could be a monster mini console :)

Sony is just on a roll this week for me. Why can't PS4 play these? I would have paid $999.99 in games for PS1 if they just fraking let me play them on PS4. I will not spend $99.99 on this pointless device. If I wanted an extra device hooked up, I could bring out my, PS1, PS2, or PS3.

On top of that, everyone was telling me B/C is a waste of time, and Sony should focus on Exclusives. Well they couldn't have wasted more time and resources with this. Getting PS1 games running on PS Now or PS4 would have been a simpler task, and opened the games up to 80+ million people.

I just don't get Sony right now?!?!?

Had they come out and been like surprise, FW6.0 now allows you to play PS1 games on PS4, I would have been jumping on here to cheer the news. I would have turned off the Xbox One X, fired up the PS4 Pro, and started dropping some $$$ on some PS1 classics.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

think-man said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Cool. Does it have trophy support though? Couldn't care less about it if it doesn't have trophies.

Doubt it, I don't even think you can hook up to the network.

It might, and they could potentially sell you more old PS1 games for it that way.

100 bucks?! lol