By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Classic Announced, releasing in December 3rd with 20 games pre-loaded and cost $99

KLXVER said:
Vodacixi said:

That's... not what he said...

I know.

Then...?

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
KLXVER said:

I know.

Then...?

Why not just add labor and pain and suffering to reasons its so expensive. I mean research and marketing? Every product has that. Maybe that's why the PS3 was so expensive. They had to research so much? lol

Maybe interested.

100 bucks? Lol fuck off Sony.

Still it would be interesting to see how this sells

KLXVER said:
Vodacixi said:

Then...?

Why not just add labor and pain and suffering to reasons its so expensive. I mean research and marketing? Every product has that. Maybe that's why the PS3 was so expensive. They had to research so much? lol

Ever heard of the Cell Processor? That thing cost Sony tons of money. A big part of why the PS3 was so expensive, even at the end of its lifetime.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
JRPGfan said:

The SNES was 224p....
The PS1 did have alot of 480i games though, so more like "in glorious 640x480".

Hahahaha...no. most PS1 games are 240p (my bad). Very few ran at 480i.

Also, SNES uses mostly 2D sprites... which look reasonably well even on HD/4K displays. The same can't be said of the low poly 3D graphics on PS1.

This is correct, SNES and even NES games aged and look better than first 3D games from PS1/N64.

Nintendo thinks we only want to play NES and SNES games a billion times over again so kinda cool Sony is 'Classic-ing' generation 3 of consoles.

Vodacixi said:
KLXVER said:

Ever heard of the Cell Processor? That thing cost Sony tons of money. A big part of why the PS3 was so expensive, even at the end of its lifetime.

Yes. That's my point.

KLXVER said:
Vodacixi said:

Yes. That's my point.

I don't think you understand your own point. And that's kinda concearning.

Vodacixi said:
KLXVER said:

Yes. That's my point.

I don't think you understand your own point. And that's kinda concearning.

My point was that the PS3 was expensive because it was expensive to make. Not because of Sonys research and marketing.