By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo. Anti-Consumer.

HoangNhatAnh said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

And thats the topic of my next thread: 

why exclusives are bad

You want it on what? PS? Xbox? Or PC? 

Why the Ouya hate bro?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

If they are not with the GAMER, they are against us.

I have never liked Nintendo. If you want to get the most out of your money, Nintendo is the worst of your choices for a console. I see them as a sort of one trick pony riding on their hardcore fans to whom they can do no wrong, similar to Blizzard with World of Warcraft.

RolStoppable said:

And thats the topic of my next thread: 

why exclusives are bad

"My mom doesn't allow me to have another console because I already have an Xbox One."

You want to get the Playstation 4 now? Why don't we look at buying you the Xbox two first, that way you can play your older games on it too?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
mjk45 said:

That seems a silly way to go about getting a 4K TV, follow my lead and email netflix proposing that if they send you a 4K TV you promise to subscribe, explaining that they get a new subscriber and with the subscription money flowing in they will soon be in the black, even quicker if they right off the cost of the  TV as operating expenses, now  I just have to wait for the quick reply.and delivery man.

you could try and convince your local TV shops that their TV models which will almost all feature a 3.5mm headphone jack are being made obsolete by Apple's brave moves to remove such ports, then wait around back near the bins until they discard all their stock for new models which use lightning ports and co-axial instead for exclusive connection to apple devices or retro VHS machines.

In the mean time while your waiting in the back alleys you could find other fun ways to earn a new TV and a hot meal all in one!

Where do you get those great ideas from? , you must tell me more about them later, I have to run seems the delivery mans here with my TV.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
omarct said:
I have never liked Nintendo. If you want to get the most out of your money, Nintendo is the worst of your choices for a console. I see them as a sort of one trick pony riding on their hardcore fans to whom they can do no wrong, similar to Blizzard with World of Warcraft.

Your avatar alone makes this point highly questionable.

RolStoppable said:
omarct said:

You do know that you have a Final Fantasy avatar, right?

What is your point? That I like Final Fantasy X? Yes I do. Do I enjoy everything Square Enix brings out? Of course not. In fact FFX and FFIX. Are the only 2 FF that I would rate highly, the others are all mediocre, with maybe 6 and 7 (which I haven't played) being exceptions. You are really grasping at straws when you start your entire counter argument from a simple avatar.

omarct said:
RolStoppable said:

You do know that you have a Final Fantasy avatar, right?

What is your point? That I like Final Fantasy X? Yes I do. Do I enjoy everything Square Enix brings out? Of course not. In fact FFX and FFIX. Are the only 2 FF that I would rate highly, the others are all mediocre, with maybe 6 and 7 (which I haven't played) being exceptions. You are really grasping at straws when you start your entire counter argument from a simple avatar.

I can't speak for Rol, but when I refer to your avatar, I do so in regards to your claim of Nintendo being a one trick pony. The fact that they have been constantly trying to make new IPs and games throughout the past 5 years is enough to render that point moot from a 1st party point. The fact that they experimented and took a huge risk with the first HD installment of one of their biggest franchises and gaming's most beloved franchises to this date and it paid off gloriously for them and for gamers is something extra to go against that point.

But in regards to Final Fantasy, they and Square Enix have made a concentrated effort to establish a good relationship and a strong userbase on the Switch for Square Enix and you don't need to look any further than the sales of Octopath Traveler and the latest Nintendo Direct to show how much effort they are exerting; And the fruit is beginning to show. This is the first time in history that we are getting Final Fantasies 7,9, X, and X-2 on a Nintendo system. 
Big Picture: The Switch is getting mainline Final Fantasy games, particular games that have been largely associated with Sony up to this point, in addition to mainline games of their first party franchises. That's not mentioning other major 3rd party franchises that are currently on the Switch, and more importantly, the ones that could be next. The Switch marks the first time since the SNES, or arguably ever, that Nintendo is going out of their way to try and bring 3rd parties on board and treating them like a necessity. That's a two-way street you know, it's not just a matter of 3rd parties wanting to bring games to your system, you also have to want those games and be willing to make your system in a way that makes it feasible and reasonable for 3rd parties to bring those games over. That's not something a one trick pony would do.

Bristow9091 said:

: ( sorry

Bristow9091 said:

: ( sorry

awww well, always remember....