By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Changing lead platforms for the first time since 1998.

Kerotan said:
Ah here how can you call their Doom with the ps5. You know the main reason why ps4 had way more hype then xbox one at launch? Because Sony gave the ps3 so many good exclusives the second half of the gen while Microsoft severely neglected it happy to be tied with Sony. Now this gen sales have been a disaster for them vs Sony. But the tables haven't turned in terms of games. Not only did Sony start the first half off much better in terms of games the second half has started exceptionally with games like God of war, detroit, spiderman, dq11 already with many more top exclusives to come.

Now Microsoft despite needing to seriously improve have had a really bad gen compared to Sony in terms of games. And the second half is nowhere close to Sony. So how the hell will Sony lose to xbox when the next gen consoles are announced? They'll have a crazy amount of goodwill after another generation of good games whereas Microsoft will be at an all time low. With the exception of forza Microsofts top exclusives like halo, fable and gears has lost selling power whereas Sony have now got new mega sellers to take into the ps5 gen. Uncharted, tlou2 port, ffvii remastered, god of war 2, horizon 2, spiderman 2 and death stranding potentially.

And remember Sony started the ps4 gen a little slow because so many developers released ps3 games late in the gen. Can't see that happening this time. I also can't see developers going exclusive or timed exclusive to the next xbox the way sunset overdrive. Rise of the tomb raider and titanfall did. So to conclude i just can't comprehend how Sony don't seriously dominate over xbox next gen.

Lastly xbox x released a year after the pro and a good bit more powerful. So it will be harder for ms to make a big jump to next gen if they want to keep the price at 400. Whereas Sony can easily make a big jump over the pro for 400. They hold all the aces.

Well, there was a fair amount of hype surrounding Xbox's "Please Hold Out Hope For The Future Jamboree: 2018 Edition" at E3 last June.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Kerotan said:
Ah here how can you call their Doom with the ps5. You know the main reason why ps4 had way more hype then xbox one at launch? Because Sony gave the ps3 so many good exclusives the second half of the gen while Microsoft severely neglected it happy to be tied with Sony. Now this gen sales have been a disaster for them vs Sony. But the tables haven't turned in terms of games. Not only did Sony start the first half off much better in terms of games the second half has started exceptionally with games like God of war, detroit, spiderman, dq11 already with many more top exclusives to come.

Now Microsoft despite needing to seriously improve have had a really bad gen compared to Sony in terms of games. And the second half is nowhere close to Sony. So how the hell will Sony lose to xbox when the next gen consoles are announced? They'll have a crazy amount of goodwill after another generation of good games whereas Microsoft will be at an all time low. With the exception of forza Microsofts top exclusives like halo, fable and gears has lost selling power whereas Sony have now got new mega sellers to take into the ps5 gen. Uncharted, tlou2 port, ffvii remastered, god of war 2, horizon 2, spiderman 2 and death stranding potentially.

And remember Sony started the ps4 gen a little slow because so many developers released ps3 games late in the gen. Can't see that happening this time. I also can't see developers going exclusive or timed exclusive to the next xbox the way sunset overdrive. Rise of the tomb raider and titanfall did. So to conclude i just can't comprehend how Sony don't seriously dominate over xbox next gen.

Lastly xbox x released a year after the pro and a good bit more powerful. So it will be harder for ms to make a big jump to next gen if they want to keep the price at 400. Whereas Sony can easily make a big jump over the pro for 400. They hold all the aces.

Well, there was a fair amount of hype surrounding Xbox's "Please Hold Out Hope For The Future Jamboree: 2018 Edition" at E3 last June.

True.  But, Sony has a record of delivering, not just talking.  MS also has a record of skimping on 1st party content in the last quarter of the gen.  It didn't hurt them with the 360, as the OG Xbox didn't have as many owners.  Plus, one gen doesn't make a trend.  However, they did so on the 360, even with 80M+ owners.  And they have done so yet again with the XBO.  At this point it is their MO.  And next gen I don't think will be any different, especially if it plays out similar to this one.

Congratulations. Would you like a cookie?

Wait, do you type out all your posts and replies and whatnot on your XBox One then?

Also, you keep mentioning that you championed for Sony hard all these years, even apologizing for their faults at times. I gotta ask, “why?” Do you work for Sony? Is your opinion supposed to be more important than others? What do you gain from it? Sony doesn’t need you to apologize for their mistakes. In fact, I don’t even see the point of this thread? I doubt too many people care that you’re switching the platform for which you buy and play your multi platform games. Also a lead platform is a term used to describe the console that a developer focuses on during development. Not a platform of choice.

Lastly, I gotta say I personally think you are super far off if you think Sony and Nintendo are going to all of a sudden disappear, only to replaced by Google and Apple. You see, Sony and Nintendo are known for developing games, which is what most people care about when they pick up a system. People buy PS4’s to play God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, and a multitude of others. People buy the Switch to play mostly Nintendo made games, the Mario’s and the Zelda’s are just two examples. Google and Apple don’t make video games, they make UI’s and Operating Systems. Apple makes hardware too, but not games man.

With that, I wish you well. I definitely disagree with you, but it’s your decision, and that’s the cool thing, you get to make up your own mind. So enjoy your Xbox and let me know if you want that cookie.

I respecc this reasoning. Other people also need to respect this and stop being blind assholes because they are having their "precious" platform attacked. This man has his priorities straight, and won't let Sony get in the way of them.

Moderated - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 17 September 2018

TheBird said:
 This man has his priorities straight, and won't let Sony get in the way of them.

The things that stood out the most to me from all that he mentioned was 4k HDR videos he can buy on his console.
That and gamepass.

Play old crappy 1st party games for 10$ a month, and watch videos on your gameing console..... thats haveing your priorities straight?

You would rather do that than have access to God of War + Spiderman? What?

Around the Network

MS has had a much higher and steeper hill to climb due to their own decisions mostly, and they've steadily been making their way up, so the fact that they have improved more isn't so much unexpected, but expected and necessary. I personally don't like the fact that after so much work to the XB1 platform, that they've just recently made the move for more first party titles, but at least they did it, so I can give them that. Another brick put back in the wall of defense against PS for the moment.

As for PS4's momentum in terms of upgrading and expanding it's existing ecosystem, it seems like PS is planning to stick to generational changes as much as possible, where MS wants to merge them all and have a constant flow. Depends on what you prefer and want in a platforms overall ecosystem. I do wonder if there is any behind the scenes logic to letting PS4 coast for the rest of the gen. If you pay attention to Nvidia's brand new RTX cards, the hype really isn't there because there isn't enough of a leap happening, as far as we know right now anyway. Same with Apple's new iPhones. I get the feeling this is actually seen as a problem by some gamers when it comes to XB1. It's always being slightly updated and upgraded, and while some items may be substantial, nothing really seems truly groundbreaking because of it. This could in theory make PS5 seem like a bigger deal then it may turn out to be potentially, a leap of sorts instead of many steps, and when PS4 seems to be bulletproof, well why not then?

Everybody has their own tastes and expectations, and if the XB platform and ecosystem is filling those needs for you, then that's great. The point of gaming is to he happy and entertained, so if XB is "the One" that does it for you, pun intended, then enjoy yourself. Having all the platforms you want anyway also makes it much easier, so you can still have your cake and eat it too basically. Nothing wrong with playing both sides instead of both sides playing you.

Hopefully for this threads sake PS doesn't announce their expanding the OS and hardware (beyond home console) come PS5, but you never know. XB could too though so who really knows right? So many choices, so little time.

You can rely on Sony delivering quality hardware and AAA games, but you prefer a gaming system with "better" OS? Okay dokie then.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0NwPo3VHujpJDI4w/giphy.gif

KBG29 said:
I am still a PlayStation Owner, and a Sony stock holder. I still want them to break out and do what is needed to unite their products, and unify the company. I want Sony and SIEWWS around for the long run. As long as they continue to make money loosing and short sighted business decisions, I will be around to call them out.

Oh, as a Sony stockholder myself, I completely know how you feel. Stock is up 728% since 2012, but it is indeed very frustrating that Sony hasn't been able to tap into their potential for the last 20 years.

Though as a fan of their games, I couldn't be much happier with PlayStation's output and direction this generation. I've enjoyed so many of their exclusives. So I try to keep things separated.

Mr.Playstation said:
KBG29 said:

PlayStation has finally drove me away. 

For the last 1 1/2 they have completely abandoned PS4. They have stopped supporting any of their services (outside of PlayStation Vue), PSN is down more and more every month, and the OS is getting worse and worse. What the hell are we paying for with PS+?

I've literally experienced none of these :/. 

Me neither, don't know what he's talking about. Then again, I use a console just for gaming and streaming and don't expect it to be a PC. I have a PC to do that.