By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TOWN new Game Freak IP for Switch coming 2019

I'm excited. I'm not that interested in Pokemon so I want to see this be a good successful franchise.

Around the Network

Knowing the behaviour of Game Freak as of late, this will more or less be a tech demo for the new Pokemon. Now I'm sure the8th gen game will have this kind of cell-shaded graphics.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It looks quite intresting.

Art direction reminds me of Earthbound.

Switch becoming an RPG haven right now, wish I still have the enthusiasm I had in my younger years, hope this'll hook me in like Xenoblade 2 did when it released.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

I'll keep my eye on this one. Hopefully it does very well for itself.

Ka-pi96 said:
And people thought Pokemon gen 8 would be 2019

Seems like this is a tester game on Switch for them before they make a proper Pokemon game. So 2020 at the earliest.
In case you're serious, gen 8 was already confirmed for 2019.

Anywho, needs to see more of the game but I'm glad they're finally trying something new!

Ka-pi96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
In case you're serious, gen 8 was already confirmed for 2019.

Because GameFreak can make 3 games at once (this, let's go and real Pokemon)? I'm not buying it!

I've no doubt Let's Go hardly took much effort, what with it looking like it uses 3DS models engines assets n stuff on top of being a remake that has only a fraction of the content you'd normally get from a new Pokemon game. Also Gamefreak is always making multiple games at once.

This was a pleasant little surprise. It looks pretty decent, need to see more on it though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

It looks really good, like combination of many of beloved favorites into one package. Hopefully this will be excellent and now just simple tech demonstrations.