By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TOWN new Game Freak IP for Switch coming 2019

This will give Game Freak a chance to make a good RPG for once.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Hm.. sounds like a pretty small scale game project from that introduction, but we'll see I guess.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Because GameFreak can make 3 games at once (this, let's go and real Pokemon)? I'm not buying it!

I've no doubt Let's Go hardly took much effort, what with it looking like it uses 3DS models engines assets n stuff on top of being a remake that has only a fraction of the content you'd normally get from a new Pokemon game. Also Gamefreak is always making multiple games at once.

Let's Go definitely doesn't use 3DS assets outside of MAYBE the Pokemon.  

Ka-pi96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
In case you're serious, gen 8 was already confirmed for 2019.

Because GameFreak can make 3 games at once (this, let's go and real Pokemon)? I'm not buying it!

Town looks set to take place in one small area as the entire game takes place in the village, it could easily be developed along side a larger title like Pokemon and may have even been a prototype or test that they felt could be something good on its own.

Nuvendil said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
I've no doubt Let's Go hardly took much effort, what with it looking like it uses 3DS models engines assets n stuff on top of being a remake that has only a fraction of the content you'd normally get from a new Pokemon game. Also Gamefreak is always making multiple games at once.

Let's Go definitely doesn't use 3DS assets outside of MAYBE the Pokemon.  

Even if that's true, still looks like Sun & Moon but HD to me, but eh I'm no graphics expert.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

That surprised me too. Seemingly they expanded and probably town is a small title like Pocket Card Jockey.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I just want them to remake the Earthbound games with this engine and approach after Pokemon.

Mnementh said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That surprised me too. Seemingly they expanded and probably town is a small title like Pocket Card Jockey.

They recruited a load of people back in 2017 especially those with experience with working on platforms like Vita.

Looks like Level 5 game .

Ka-pi96 said:
And people thought Pokemon gen 8 would be 2019

Seems like this is a tester game on Switch for them before they make a proper Pokemon game. So 2020 at the earliest.

Pokemon 8 gen was several times confirmed for 2019.

This seems don't have anything with Pokemon, its brand new IP and game.

Ka-pi96 said: 
Lonely_Dolphin said: 

They always made multiplay games in same time, Pokemon Lets Go and this game dont seems take too much resources from Game Freak, so its not hard to imagine they are working on 3 games currently.